HP 5100 laserjet printer

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I found the auto paper tray selection is nor working. Can someone
advise me where to set it on and off.

Thanks,

Ray

On the seventh day, Ray wrote...

> I found the auto paper tray selection is nor working. Can someone
> advise me where to set it on and off.

Are you referring to the tray select option in the windows printer driver
or the printer itself? If you mean the former, I have found that for my 5SI
Mx there are two options: Auto select and automatically select. Auto tray
selection only works with one of them, which I currently fail to remember.

If you mean the ladder, there is a paper tray assignment option buried in
the depths of the printer setup menu which you can find if you take the
printer offline, press menu until you find it.

HTH

Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense,
and the past perfect.

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Christian,

We also have 5Si MX network printer and it works fine. We recently bought a
HP 5100 but this one is very strange. Normally, when we change the page
size in application software, the printer will select the tray to match the
paper size automatically. This new printer is working backward and I need
to change the corresponding tray manually. Therefore, I guest there should
be a setting I have not set up properly. I called the service centre but
they had no idea how to fix it - very disappointed. I will check again the
panel setting to see if I can find your menu.

Thanks,

Ray

"Christian Dürrhauer" <cduerr@geog.fu-berlin.de> wrote in message
> On the seventh day, Ray wrote...
>
>> I found the auto paper tray selection is nor working. Can someone
>> advise me where to set it on and off.
>
> Are you referring to the tray select option in the windows printer driver
> or the printer itself? If you mean the former, I have found that for my
> 5SI
> Mx there are two options: Auto select and automatically select. Auto tray
> selection only works with one of them, which I currently fail to remember.
>
> If you mean the ladder, there is a paper tray assignment option buried in
> the depths of the printer setup menu which you can find if you take the
> printer offline, press menu until you find it.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> mit freundlichen Grüßen/with kind regards
> Christian Dürrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
>
> Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense,
> and the past perfect.

On the seventh day, Ray wrote...

> We also have 5Si MX network printer and it works fine. We recently bought a
> HP 5100 but this one is very strange. Normally, when we change the page
> size in application software, the printer will select the tray to match the
> paper size automatically.

Did you look for the "Auto select" and "automatically select" options in
the printer dialog as I recommended?