Windows Vista Function

Anyone know if there will be a Program Update function in Vista that
all programs can use? So not every program has to build its own
function for checking for updates...?

Would be a great future nowdays when everybody are using internet and
are online almost 24/7. Well, not all... but many. ;-)
2 answers Last reply
More about windows vista function

    I believe Windows Vista will only have the capability of providing
    updates to the Windows Vista operating system and Microsoft Office.
    However, this is only preliminary information.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    > I believe Windows Vista will only have the capability of providing
    > updates to the Windows Vista operating system and Microsoft Office.
    > However, this is only preliminary information.

    That already exists today for Windows XP so this would be no new ability.

    The updates are not within the OS but from the Microsoft update site
    (http://update.microsoft.com). In order to support other corporations
    integrating into that, they would need to participate with MS update.

    Another options is that the entire update process would need to be
    changed to have a client side API that other applications could plug
    into. It's an interesting idea that is worth pursuing.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

Windows Vista Microsoft Windows XP