• Printers
  • Laptops
  • USB
  • Parallel Port
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 27, 2010 12:20:21 PM

Hey
I have a laptop without Parallel port , I bought a Usb to parallel cable , the driver was installed , but there is no port address in the properties of the new LPT port . How I can Access to it Without INPOUT32.DLL ?

More about : usb parallel

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 27, 2010 3:09:10 PM

Unfortunately some of these USB to legacy adapters seem to have been designed with more optimism than engineering knowhow.

It may be time to trade in that old printer.
October 27, 2010 3:24:34 PM

it's all about using the LPT port for controlling some (leds , motors) , but the problem is how I can deal with the the Lpt that haven't any IRQ or Port address .
best regards .
Related resources
December 2, 2010 7:44:58 PM

ayhamm said:
it's all about using the LPT port for controlling some (leds , motors) , but the problem is how I can deal with the the Lpt that haven't any IRQ or Port address .
best regards .

AYHAMm, did you figure out a solution to this? I am running into the same problem. I use USB-serial adapters all of the time, so I thought an LPT adapter wouldn't be a big deal, but it doesn't map like an LPT.

Thanks,
Chris
December 2, 2010 8:19:06 PM

actually , you should make sure that the device exist in the device manager or not (lpt1) and then you should use the visual basic code :

open "lpt1" for output as #1
output #1, 111
close #1

the main problem is : - the usb-to-lpt didn't have a IRQ
-the usb-to-parallel didn't designed for taking a commands
-finally , you should give the device (25 pin) a feed back between the common and the status pins
December 16, 2010 8:31:50 PM

ChrisNewman said:
AYHAMm, did you figure out a solution to this? I am running into the same problem. I use USB-serial adapters all of the time, so I thought an LPT adapter wouldn't be a big deal, but it doesn't map like an LPT.

Thanks,
Chris

i have the same problem, i want to run a Dongle on LPT1. Looking at my system, the usb 2 parallel installs itself as "USB printing support" instead of a line printer port. i'm hoping a PCIE card will solve my problem
!