Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't access certain websites

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 15, 2012 5:09:28 AM

Hello,

Recently, I could not access certain websites like Facebook. They will not load properly or won't load at all. I tried accessing them through my Phone and another laptop on the same Home Wifi connection and it works just fine on them.
I tried clearing my cache, flushing the DNS, installing Malwarebytes, running scans.

I use Windows 7, Home Premium edition. Microsoft Security Essentials.

More about : access websites

a b $ Windows 7
November 15, 2012 5:14:41 AM

Try resetting explorer from internet option.try it even if you don't use internet explorer.
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 5:51:19 AM

bignastyid said:
Try resetting explorer from internet option.try it even if you don't use internet explorer.


Still can't access. Facebook loads now but can't surf to other pages. :cry: 
Some other websites like sparknotes still won't load.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 16, 2012 3:26:25 PM

rigya13 said:
Hello,

Recently, I could not access certain websites like Facebook. They will not load properly or won't load at all. I tried accessing them through my Phone and another laptop on the same Home Wifi connection and it works just fine on them.
I tried clearing my cache, flushing the DNS, installing Malwarebytes, running scans.

I use Windows 7, Home Premium edition. Microsoft Security Essentials.

may be the pc you are using is protected by some parental control software.. many times it happens that someone like our elders restrict our internet usage so that we can not waste our time etc. I think the "chat" websites are blocked.
m
0
l
November 18, 2012 12:17:27 PM

haseeb_asgamer23 said:
may be the pc you are using is protected by some parental control software.. many times it happens that someone like our elders restrict our internet usage so that we can not waste our time etc. I think the "chat" websites are blocked.


Pretty sure that is not the case. No body other than me have used this laptop, nor I let anyone use it. Mum has her own.
m
0
l
November 18, 2012 3:54:48 PM

jemm said:
Have you tried loading those pages with different web browsers?

Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/


I did. Firefox, Chrome and even IE. Same results. I just got my Wifi router changed. Can that be the problem? But the sites load perfectly on the other laptop and phone too.
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 8:26:35 PM

It's fixed. Details...

Time passed. Verizon installed a new modem for my sister (not specifically because of this, as far as we know). More time passed. My sister wanted her system one way or another, so I sent it back to her. She tried it on a neighbor's Time-Warner account and it worked. She took it back to her apartment and tried it on her Verizon hookup -- it worked!

Surmise -- Verizon had some screwy settings that conflicted with some of HP's screwy settings. Verizon got numerous complaints and fixed it.

My next move was going to be to call repair shops and services in my sister's town and describe and describe the problem, in the hope that others had seen it too with the local Verizon. Luckily that turned out to be unnecessary. Last resort was to be -- switch internet providers.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Wasn't this the gol-dangest problem? I think it's the only PC issue I have ever failed to solve. Or maybe it was a hallucination -- really gotta lay off the flavored seltzer.
m
0
l
February 9, 2013 1:02:27 AM

Cool! :) 
m
0
l
March 4, 2014 12:34:18 PM

I could not get some websites to load on ANY browser using my HP Pavilion DV7. These pages would not load on my desktop either. I went into the Network Sharing Center. Clicked on Wireless Network Connection. Then I clicked on Properties. I unchecked AppEx Network Accelerator and clicked OK. After that ALL pages loaded on ALL browsers.


rigya13 said:
Hello,

Recently, I could not access certain websites like Facebook. They will not load properly or won't load at all. I tried accessing them through my Phone and another laptop on the same Home Wifi connection and it works just fine on them.
I tried clearing my cache, flushing the DNS, installing Malwarebytes, running scans.

I use Windows 7, Home Premium edition. Microsoft Security Essentials.


m
0
l
March 4, 2014 12:34:34 PM

I could not get some websites to load on ANY browser using my HP Pavilion DV7. These pages would not load on my desktop either. I went into the Network Sharing Center. Clicked on Wireless Network Connection. Then I clicked on Properties. I unchecked AppEx Network Accelerator and clicked OK. After that ALL pages loaded on ALL browsers.
m
0
l
June 21, 2014 2:08:13 AM

Is using vpn or proxy sites doesn't work?
m
0
l
!