Senior Citizens and Windows XP?

okona

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2002
I'm training a bunch of Senior Citizens to use computers. Once they learn how to use the mouse the first thing they do is move things in the Trash or put one folder in another. It's a real nightmare trying to find where they have put things. This one 85 year old guy did things to the desktop I had no idea could be done; it was all one tool bar.
I can freeze the toolbar, but does anyone know how to freeze the whole desktop so the icons can only open and close? Is there a freeware program that can give me a different desktop that only the admin can control?

lemonlemon

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2002
Hmm my understanding was that you can set all that under the different accounts in xp and to what access they have. Sorry if that doesn't help, but i know that the option is there (well there was in 2k, so should be so in xp)... look around where the rights of the account is given, u should probably find it.

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
By setting the proper NTFS permissions, you can grand yourself to certain files or folders which only you have control over them (including desktops).

<A HREF="http://evilcity.com/" target="_new">Is this evil enough for you?</A>