Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hanns.G HW191

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 28, 2010 3:04:38 AM

I recently got a new monitor, a Hanns.G HW191, but I ran into something rather strange. In a couple programs, Photoshop and Windows Photo Viewer are the only ones I've noticed so far, there is no white at all. Instead of white, it's a very light yellow-ish color. Photoshop also said something about something with my monitor being defective but I of course ignored it and clicked the "Do not show again" box. Brilliant move, I know. I ran the CD that came with the monitor but that didn't change anything and the white shows up perfectly fine in other programs like Firefox and Gimp. The colors were fine on my old fat Compaq monitor so I'm not exactly sure what's wrong. I looked on Hanns.G's site for drivers but for whatever reason, they don't have any. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

More about : hanns hw191

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 30, 2010 2:25:13 AM

You've presumably played with brightness, contrast, gamma settings ?
m
l
October 30, 2010 2:36:54 AM

I've tried messing with a few settings but I think if it were an issue with my settings, then programs like Firefox wouldn't show any white. As it stands right now, all the areas that are supposed to be white, are.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 30, 2010 2:48:39 AM

You're right in principle -- but there's a reason people adjust gamma when using Photoshop -- have a look at your video card's settings. Control Panel, Display, Settings, Advanced.
October 30, 2010 3:26:12 AM

I tried a few more things. Changed some settings in the Catalyst Control Center, messed with gamma, brightness, etc in the Calibrate Color program I guess would be the right term for it. Updated my graphics card's drivers. Hmmm okay, something I just did fixed it in Photoviewer and Photoshop. Many thanks :) 
m
l
November 5, 2010 11:58:15 PM

Best answer selected by Grove.
m
l
!