Qosmio X500-11M Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousSam

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Hey there, I'm new to this forum so I'll try and make it simple and quick!

I'm coming up to my 18th Birthday this month and I'm in need of a new computer, thing is I'll be 18 and a Laptop would be practical.

So I'm curious as to if the Toshiba Qosmio X500-11M ( http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/product/Qosmio-X500-11M/1080757/toshibaShop/false/ ) is worth the money?
I'm needing it for gaming (Cod 4, Crysis, all basic games you'd expect gamers to play) I'll also be needing this for some video editing / photoshoping and would it be fast enough and just worth the price?

Sorry if this seems utterly random and such. Just extremely curious!

(Also if that laptop is overprice, any alternatives?)

CuriousSam

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Hey thanks & thanks for the reply :)

But I'm wondering if there's any chance you could help me on configuring one of these laptops with roughly the same price range as the Toshiba?

Sorry to be a bother!

Without the BluRay drive its possible,also you get a significnatly faster VGA too(5870m performs better than a GTS 360M) and also a better build quality
Chassis - :: G860 Black/Silver 1
Selected Paint Area - :: None Selected 1
Custom Paint Colour - :: None Selected 1
Finish - :: None Selected 1
Screen - :: 15.6" 1920x1080 Full HD+ X-Glass 1
Processor - :: Intel® Core i7 720QM Quad Core 1.60GHz - 2.80GHz 6MB Cache 1
Video Card - :: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 1
Memory 1 - :: 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz CAS9 2x 2GB DIMMs 1
Hard Drive - :: 500GB 7,200rpm SATA-II with 16MB Cache 1
Operating system 1 - :: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1
Optical Device 1 - :: 8x DVD±R/W 1
Bluetooth - :: Bluetooth V2.0 Module 1
7 in 1 card reader - :: 7 in 1 card reader 1
Keyboard - :: English UK 1
Soundcard - :: Integrated High Definition Audio 1
Headsets - :: None Selected 1
External Keyboard - :: None Selected 1
Mouse - :: None Selected 1
Mouse Mats - :: None Selected 1
Power Cable - :: UK 1
Extra Battery - :: None Selected 1
2nd AC Adapter - :: None Selected 1
Warranty - :: 2 Year - European Collect & Return 1
Dead Pixel Guarantee - :: None Selected 1
Business Software - :: None selected 1
System Recovery - :: None Selected 1
System Recovery - External Image - :: None Selected 1
Carry Case - :: None Selected 1

Subtotal £1,193.06
VAT £208.79
Total £1,401.85

No problem :)
AW M15x is a good laptop but the sager one has HD 5870M which performs better than a GTX 260M,also as i mentioned the Sager model has a better cooling system.
However AW M15x has a better design and a backlit keyboard but spec wise the Sager is a better choice

CuriousSam

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Okay, and what about the Desktop, with the dual GFX cards would it still be no match for the Sager? I'm leaning towards that (I know I mentioned a laptop being practical, but I'm still curious)

Thanks again ! You're making my decision easier!

oops sorry i didn't see the desktop at first :D
Well that beats the Sager laptop,no doubts about it,it has more powerful CPU/VGA and more RAM.
Its unfair to compare a desktop with a laptop because a desktop has more upgrade paths

CuriousSam

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
True true, so ok you seem to understand and know what's decent to buy and such. So out of them what would YOU get? :)

This is make it or break it!

Well as i said its unfair to compare a desktop with a laptop.
Desktops have more upgrade paths and usually have better specs in the same price range,but notebooks has less upgrade paths but they are portable.
So it depends on you,if you want a portable computer get the Sager one,but if you need a desktop go for the AW model(however i wouldn't recommend buying a "Built" desktop,getting the parts and building it yourself is better and cheaper)

CuriousSam

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I think I should maybe keep this computer I have, wipe everything off it and store it as s backup and go with the Sager :)
I'd be much easier to have a portable laptop (Duh!), and if I wanted I'm sure it'll run most games fine and be perfect for editing / college work.

Thanks for all the help! I'll go for that :)
Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.