Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pin in side the connector of the charger 65w ac

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 7, 2010 7:26:53 AM

You could, but I would just replace the jack. Soldering that pin in there would be pretty hard, unless you've a tiny iron.

Best solution

a b D Laptop
April 7, 2010 5:04:17 PM

You'd have better luck buying a cheap A/C adapter that has the same sized connector on it. Use a meter to see which wire goes to which side of the connector, then cut both off. Splice the new one onto the old one's cable according to the polarity you determined with the meter. Power it on, and measure the voltage at the connector to make absolutely sure you got the polarity right before plugging it into your device.
Related resources
a b D Laptop
April 7, 2010 6:05:50 PM

Or just pick up a connector at radio shack/local electronics or hobby shop for a few dollars, and replace the one you've got.
February 1, 2012 6:34:57 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
February 1, 2012 6:34:59 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey