pat

Expert

My computer freezes and then I get the blue screen and the following message:

The problem is caused by the following file: nv4

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates
problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the
hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hadware device for any driver updates. Technical
information:
***STOP: 0x000000EA (0x813BF1A8,0x813AB378,0x816E9098,0x00000001

nv4

I do not know what device they are talking about. Can anyone help.

tks pat

Malke

Pat wrote:

> My computer freezes and then I get the blue screen and the following
> message:
>
> The problem is caused by the following file: nv4
>
> The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually
> indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver
> programming the hardware incorrectly.
>
> Please check with your hadware device for any driver updates.
> Technical information:
> ***STOP: 0x000000EA (0x813BF1A8,0x813AB378,0x816E9098,0x00000001
>
> nv4

This has to do with your Nvidia display drivers. Either the drivers you
are using are 1) not the right one; 2) corrupted; or 3) your video card
has failed and will need to be replaced.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

NV4 is an nVidia driver..

So your graphics card is actiung up

NVIDIA video card installed? You should uninstall your video drivers and install another version from http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html. Generally, the older the Detonator version is, the more reliable it is.

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF0E93BE-F38D-4FC1-908C-03353834D680@microsoft.com...
> My computer freezes and then I get the blue screen and the following message:
>
> The problem is caused by the following file: nv4
>
> The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates
> problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the
> hardware incorrectly.
>
> Please check with your hadware device for any driver updates. Technical
> information:
> ***STOP: 0x000000EA (0x813BF1A8,0x813AB378,0x816E9098,0x00000001
>
> nv4
>
> I do not know what device they are talking about. Can anyone help.
>
> tks pat

pat

Expert

I did install a new driver and is seems to be workiing fine. The computer
is not freezing (at this time) and is seems to be fixed. Thanks for the help
i appreciate it.
pat