Satellite A305-S6857 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonsamuel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
recently i replaced vista operating system with window 7 on my Satellite A305-S6857 laptop, upgrading took a long process so i did it as new installation, but after that my laptop camera didn't work properly i installed the driver from from old vista recovery CD (the one which came with the laptop). but when i try to run the camera it says driver not working properly... anybody has any solution so that i can use it again..

I have a A305-6905that I (1) installed a 128 Gig SSD, a Blu-ray reader/DVD writer and did a fresh install of windows 7. About the only thing I have not tried is the Camera - Will try later this evening after I get home from work.

Have you gone to the tosibia web support page and download their latest Driver(s).
I would un-install the current driver, run a driver cleaner such as CCleaner and then re-install the driver that you download from tosibia.

Added: Stange, I found the camera driver for win 7 for mine, but for yours they only list for XP/Vista (dtd 03-04-08) You may have the latest version
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2205366&rpn=PSAG8U&modelFilter=&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

Status
Not open for further replies.