More about batch file question

    From: "rich7779" <rich7779@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | i hope someone can help me. I made a .bat file to automatically run a couple
    | programs, but i cannot make the "Windows\system32\cmd.exe" window close when
    | it is finished. is there a command to make this close?
    | thanks

    exit

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    rich7779 wrote:
    > i hope someone can help me. I made a .bat file to automatically run a couple
    > programs, but i cannot make the "Windows\system32\cmd.exe" window close when
    > it is finished. is there a command to make this close?
    > thanks

    If you are running other programs then the command window will stay open
    until those other programs have finished running. You can launch the
    program using start instead of calling it directly to get the command
    window to close without waiting for the program to finish. Ex:

    start /D"c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\" winword.exe
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    ahhhh...start.. you rule, thx

    "Tom Porterfield" wrote:

    > rich7779 wrote:
    > > i hope someone can help me. I made a .bat file to automatically run a couple
    > > programs, but i cannot make the "Windows\system32\cmd.exe" window close when
    > > it is finished. is there a command to make this close?
    > > thanks
    >
    > If you are running other programs then the command window will stay open
    > until those other programs have finished running. You can launch the
    > program using start instead of calling it directly to get the command
    > window to close without waiting for the program to finish. Ex:
    >
    > start /D"c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\" winword.exe
    > --
    > Tom Porterfield
    > MS-MVP Windows
    > http://support.telop.org
    >
    > Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

    In article <F8264783-E8C1-414E-A2C0-F887C75AA1A1@microsoft.com>,
    rich7779 favored us with...

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:38:09 -0700, rich7779 wrote:

    > ahhhh...start.. you rule, thx

    Glad to hear it worked.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    Please do what you can to help
    https://secure2.convio.net/arc/site/Donation?ACTION=SHOW_DONATION_OPTIONS&CAMPAIGN_ID=1161
    http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm

System32 Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP