Batch File Question

September 2, 2005 1:32:04 PM

i hope someone can help me. I made a .bat file to automatically run a couple
programs, but i cannot make the "Windows\system32\cmd.exe" window close when
it is finished. is there a command to make this close?
thanks

More about : batch file question

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 4:39:44 PM

From: "rich7779" <rich7779@discussions.microsoft.com>

| i hope someone can help me. I made a .bat file to automatically run a couple
| programs, but i cannot make the "Windows\system32\cmd.exe" window close when
| it is finished. is there a command to make this close?
| thanks

exit

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

rich7779 wrote:
> i hope someone can help me. I made a .bat file to automatically run a couple
> programs, but i cannot make the "Windows\system32\cmd.exe" window close when
> it is finished. is there a command to make this close?
> thanks

If you are running other programs then the command window will stay open
until those other programs have finished running. You can launch the
program using start instead of calling it directly to get the command
window to close without waiting for the program to finish. Ex:

start /D"c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\" winword.exe
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

September 2, 2005 4:46:26 PM

ahhhh...start.. you rule, thx

"Tom Porterfield" wrote:

> rich7779 wrote:
> > i hope someone can help me. I made a .bat file to automatically run a couple
> > programs, but i cannot make the "Windows\system32\cmd.exe" window close when
> > it is finished. is there a command to make this close?
> > thanks
>
> If you are running other programs then the command window will stay open
> until those other programs have finished running. You can launch the
> program using start instead of calling it directly to get the command
> window to close without waiting for the program to finish. Ex:
>
> start /D"c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\" winword.exe
> --
> Tom Porterfield
> MS-MVP Windows
> http://support.telop.org
>
> Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 6:25:26 PM

In article <F8264783-E8C1-414E-A2C0-F887C75AA1A1@microsoft.com>,
rich7779 favored us with...