FS: Hardbody near Philadelphia

Machine: Hardbody
Location: Phoenixville, Pa
Price: $550

Working 100%. Beautiful playfield. Very nice cabinet with only minor
flaws. Excellent condition translite. Clean boards with no battery
damage, bright displays.

Plays great! Vector is looooong gone.

Take Hardbody and Stellar Wars... $1100!

seymour-shabow@excite.com wrote:
> how does it play Ron? Sell that Vector yet?

I should have clarified the "plays great" question - is the game any
good? It looked sort of "neat"....

Oh... I see. It's an interesting 2 level layout with plenty of
targets, standard and in-line drops and lots of stationary targets.
Flippers on both levels ala Black Knight. Ramps from lower to upper
level are also of the "stargate" variety meaning that they raise and
lower which reveals a large loop-around shot that travels under the
upper playfield. No pop bumpers. Also has the extra cabinet buttons
for outlane saves just like Dungeons and Dragons. I think the
theme/backglass and sound package are what really hurt this game
because it's actually a good player.

Another thing that baffles me is that it has a fairly high "book value"
of $800 in my latest price guide, but I rarely see it sold for that
much. Usually in the $400-600 range seems more typical. I think I
priced it accordingly based on the condition. A fully working 6800
boardset with displays has to be worth well over $400.

seymour-shabow@excite.com wrote:
> I should have clarified the "plays great" question - is the game any
> good? It looked sort of "neat"....

I wish you the best of luck with your sale.

Hardbody seems to be almost a replica of Bally's BMX, a fairly low
production earlier SS game. I've never played one but have often thought one
would look pretty neat next to my Radical!

Unfortunately Hardbody is a very difficult to sell machine. I think there
was a recent post where someone asked what a good working 6803 boardset was
worth and was told ~200. I had 2 6803 machines (motordome, hardbody) and had
a difficult time selling both, granted they were likely much rougher than
what you have. But, on the bright side, I did hear earlier this year that
another collector bought them from the guy I sold them to and was having
lots of fun playing them to this day!

Maybe you could try and find some gyms in your area? :) The bodybuilding
theme is probably the best aspect to sell it to someone and maybe you'll
find a good audience there. Convince them it would look great in their
lobby, be reliable, and maybe you can even score some future repair
business!

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

<rondondo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Oh... I see. It's an interesting 2 level layout with plenty of
> targets, standard and in-line drops and lots of stationary targets.
> Flippers on both levels ala Black Knight. Ramps from lower to upper
> level are also of the "stargate" variety meaning that they raise and
> lower which reveals a large loop-around shot that travels under the
> upper playfield. No pop bumpers. Also has the extra cabinet buttons
> for outlane saves just like Dungeons and Dragons. I think the
> theme/backglass and sound package are what really hurt this game
> because it's actually a good player.
>
> Another thing that baffles me is that it has a fairly high "book value"
> of $800 in my latest price guide, but I rarely see it sold for that
> much. Usually in the $400-600 range seems more typical. I think I
> priced it accordingly based on the condition. A fully working 6800
> boardset with displays has to be worth well over $400.
>
> seymour-shabow@excite.com wrote:
>> I should have clarified the "plays great" question - is the game any
>> good? It looked sort of "neat"....

> Machine: Hardbody
> Location: Phoenixville, Pa
> Price: $550
>
> Working 100%. Beautiful playfield. Very nice cabinet with only minor
> flaws. Excellent condition translite. Clean boards with no battery
> damage, bright displays.

Not much interest in this one yet and I'd like to be able to park in
the garage again, so it's time for...

PRICE SLASHING!

$400 for the Hardbody, or take it AND the Stellar Wars for $900.

Zoinks!

Game is sold. Thanks for the interest!