Why is there no CPU/hardware engineer's credits?

Unseen

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
This is something I just though of recently. Seems like all the comoputer programs usually have long list of developers, just like those movies have at the end. However, there no credits given to designers and engineers for CPU/hardware. What seems usually is you never hear the names of ppl who actually designed anywhere. You just hear Intel is developing Tejas or AMD came out with A64. The list is probably going to be very long, so it would be impossible to put credits on each product. But I would think they would deserve some credits, atleast, that are posted on the companys' websites.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by unseen on 11/12/03 08:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

twofruitz

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2003
u know how many people worked on the p4 chips?

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6973142" target="_new">3dmark2001</A>

2.4C @ 3.0G
Asus P4C800
Corsair 2x512 3200
Sapphire 9600pro @ 500/700
80G Seagate S-ATA150

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Because the only products where the creators are egotistic enough to put credits on are Hollywood movies that usually arent worth a damn.

This country (especially, and others) needs to start recognizing intelligence as an admirable quality as a whole and rewarding it as such as something to attain.

Instead every little girl wants be a slutbag like Britney spears or a boy a dope smoking idiot like cheech or chong.
Which is why most of the people around my age (21), including younger and older are running around like complete dumbasses, they are easily influenced sheep.

I shouldnt sit here and rant on this.
But your right, it IS important to exemplify creators of technology.
That goes for anything that encourages a positive message like philanthropists and teachers.

Teachers, nurses, US peace corp volunteers, the scientist curing AIDs, get no credit yet some hollywood bastard gets headline news on his latest sex scandal for everyone to read because some one is making another million off of it.

These people dont need recognition because of their good nature, and get taken advantage of because of it.
I'm not saying some of those people dont gain financially from their work (such as technology engineers, everyone certainly has the right to make a living) but they are certainly better role models than the jackasses on MTV.
Yet some punk off the streets like Kobe Bryant or OJ Simpson gets paid 500x what a nurse does and does nothing but damages Americas youth and my nations worldwide image.
Thats who kids and the retarded adults in this nation look up to.

----
I just tell it like it is and some can't handle it. If your experience is different, well congratu-fukulation.
<b>I’M NOT A ATI FANBOY, I’M NOT A NV FANBOY, I’M A STABILITY FANBOY</b>

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I completely support your notion.

We need more John Carmacks and Gary Kasparovs... less Kobe Bryants.

----
I just tell it like it is and some can't handle it. If your experience is different, well congratu-fukulation.

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
bump

----