Updateing windows xp pro to sp2

Every time I try to update my computer to service pack 2 I can't boot, I
start it up and it get's to the desktop and then immediatly restarts.....I
end up having to do a system restore back to sp1......Also every time I try
to run a anti-spyware program it restarts as well....I've tried a few
different ones.
1 answer Last reply
More about updateing windows

    After backing up your data if it isn't already, try a clean install, clean
    up/chkdsk/defrag and then install SP 2. Do a clean up/chkdsk/defrag again
    and then go to Windows Update with the XP firewall enabled. Then install
    your programs followed by a clean up/chkdsk/defrag. Then install your
    printer, camera, etc.

    OR keep fighting with it as it is and waste days to realize you should have
    done a clean install to begin with.

    Alias

    "Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    > Every time I try to update my computer to service pack 2 I can't boot, I
    > start it up and it get's to the desktop and then immediatly restarts.....I
    > end up having to do a system restore back to sp1......Also every time I
    > try
    > to run a anti-spyware program it restarts as well....I've tried a few
    > different ones.

Windows XP