Updateing windows xp pro to sp2

September 2, 2005 2:06:05 PM

Every time I try to update my computer to service pack 2 I can't boot, I
start it up and it get's to the desktop and then immediatly restarts.....I
end up having to do a system restore back to sp1......Also every time I try
to run a anti-spyware program it restarts as well....I've tried a few
different ones.
September 2, 2005 11:13:22 PM

After backing up your data if it isn't already, try a clean install, clean
up/chkdsk/defrag and then install SP 2. Do a clean up/chkdsk/defrag again
and then go to Windows Update with the XP firewall enabled. Then install
your programs followed by a clean up/chkdsk/defrag. Then install your
printer, camera, etc.

OR keep fighting with it as it is and waste days to realize you should have
done a clean install to begin with.

Alias

"Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

!