Sign in with
Your question

Glossy vs Mattee screen?????

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 30, 2010 1:16:28 AM

I am looking for a new computer screen but cant decide weather to choose gloosy or matte screen as there is a window behind were i would put it and glossy is much better quality i cant decide i need a very good quality one but one that doesnt blur????? i do video editing on premiere pro and after effects and photo editing on photoshop????
so what should i get????????????????????????????

More about : glossy mattee screen

Anonymous
October 30, 2010 2:27:57 AM

I think you've answered your own question -- unless you can move the screen so that it doesn't have a window behind it.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
October 30, 2010 7:18:34 AM

AOC are at the budget end of the market -- Asus are better regarded.
m
l
October 30, 2010 7:56:45 AM

I have an ugly face, so I would hate to see my reflection while I am using a PC. :p 

Therefore, I prefer matte.
m
l
October 30, 2010 12:56:48 PM

Glossy is a bit better but reflections on the screen look horrible. Not to mention the dust.

While Asus has a better name, that monitor is just typical LED backlit TN crap. So what is in a name anyway?

While the AOC is IPS. It should be a LG 23" H-IPS panel. This would be a very good buy for the price. It doesn't use W-CCFLs so it is dimmer because of the IPS panel and isn't wide gamut but that fine. The Asus is equally as dim for using cheap LEDs.
But IPS has better colors and viewing angles than TN ever would.

IMO you should get the AOC.
m
l
October 31, 2010 8:38:44 AM

Ohk thanks well i was told my local computer has both monitors turned on gonna check them out and make a choice.
m
l
!