Coin Door w/ Bill Acceptor

I just bought a new coin door from Carrie Jordan (Now called Pro
Source). It is a great door, but I have a problem. My Mars bill
acceptor will not fit in the pre-cut holes! Anyone else have this
problem? Is it the Mars acceptor or the door that is the problem?

Zud

Mars makes bill acceptors in so many configurations and with many
different front "snouts" for different applications.

Yeah I just called Mars about mine, which is NOS VFM3. They said only
one bezel was available. I guess I need to get a differnet bill
acceptor. :-(

Anyone need 2 bill acceptors? One is new in the box, the other one is
used, but in great shape.

By the way, what would fit in the coin door I just bought from Pro
Source??

I am not familiar with Pro Source---never heard of it.

In general, a 'bill acceptor' style coin door for pinball/arcade games
use requires a bill acceptor for "Amusement" use. The VFM3 acceptor you
have is designed for vending & food machine use not amusement. The VFM3
is common on cigarette machines, too.

Carson at Pro Source (Carson moved on
from Entropy, but still sells their coin doors out of the new
business).

He can be reached at (877) 519-5900.

Gerry Manis

Well I just did some Googling and found you have an Entropy brand
pinball door. The Mars AE series with upstacker should fit. I think you
need the 120 volt AC powered one.

I think also that the Pyramid/Apex5000 will work. Check out
www.pyramidacceptors.com

I just installed a Mars DBA on one of my Route games (AFM) and was very
surprised to encounter the same thing. The bolt pattern *will* line up if
you file off about 1/4" from the TOP edge of the existing DBA hole. Once
you do that it'll fit nicely and... assuming you have the right wiring plug
and software settings... the game will recognize the unit and life goes on.
The OTHER problem you will discover once you do finally get the DBA
mounted is the clearance with the Playfield when you try and close the coin
door! The Playfield does have an odd shaped "notch" that is cut out
specifically for this purpose (now we know!) but, depending on which "Bill
Module" your Mars unit has (the actual removable Bill holder)... you may
have a clearance issue with the backside of the DBA hitting the playfield.
You may have to file down the top ridge of the removable bill holder (if you
have one of the 200 bill units) or go to a smaller (100 bill) module... If
you have one of the mega 400 bill holders... well, it won't work at all!

And for what it's worth I had the same issues installing a Mars DBA on my
Sopranos pinball... If they weren't such good and reliable DBA's it
wouldn't be worth the fuss (but they are).

Good luck!

DD

P.S. One more detail is that you may need to make your own upper mounting
"spacers" to set the DBA just so... whatever works. And be sure and route
the wiring loop so it doesn't pinch or... worse yet... trip the Slam
Switch mounted to the left of the Coin Box.

I've found that the "toploading" Dollar Bill module works the best
"Zud" <zudmsc@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I just bought a new coin door from Carrie Jordan (Now called Pro
> Source). It is a great door, but I have a problem. My Mars bill
> acceptor will not fit in the pre-cut holes! Anyone else have this
> problem? Is it the Mars acceptor or the door that is the problem?
>

> Zud

Door hole is different. You need a newer bill acceptor or different hole.
LTG :)