Lots of problems after windows update/using verifier

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Hey guys, I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to read this. My laptop needs help!

The problem all started with random BSOD, which hasn't come back anymore so I'm posting this thread here. I ran verifier to see if any of my drivers were causing the BSOD.

I rebooted, then Windows started automatically installing updates (with verifier stressing my drivers). A lot of weird stuff happened. I was watching youtube videos, and my intel hd graphics crashed a few times. It would reload the screen, but a couple times it didn't so I had to restart. Also experienced that glitch when moving a window really fast it leaves a trail of windows. So I turned verifier off and shut down, seeing that my system had to be restarted to install updates. It took forever (for only 3 updates) but it finally did.

When I restarted, I got a popup one of my software doesn't work without a proper display driver installed, although both my drivers for my intel hd graphics and my discrete mobile gpu were working not too long ago! So I go to device manager, and see it says that my intel hd graphics "are not digitally signed." It says my GTX 660m is working, but when I double click Nvidia control panel it says it doesn't detect a gpu. So I tried to reinstall my intel drivers, and it fails after trying to install the audio.

So then I go to my update window, and it says that the updates failed to install. I try to install them, and again it only says it's installing 3 updates (like it said when I pressed shut down). After the 3rd one it fails to install and gives me these errors:

8187294803_269fb217e3_z.jpg

So to sum up, after running verifier to test my drivers and then trying to update:
-My graphics drivers aren't working for some reason, and reinstalling failed
-My updates fail to install every time
-My system feels glitchy and unresponsive at times

What is going on with my laptop tonight? This never happened until just now!

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010

I scanned for viruses the night before this happened and my system was 100% clean. I haven't done anything today besides go on, get a BSOD, run verifier and install updates. And unfortunately, I cannot, not past tonight :(

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Booted into safe mode, uninstalled old Intel and Nvidia drivers and successfully installed new ones. Restarted, and got the same errors I had earlier (Intel drivers not being digitally singed and Nvidia control panel saying no Nvidia gpu attached). Also downloaded that microsoft software that troubleshoots windows update. It said it fixed the problem for me, but now it fails whenever I try to check for updates giving me error code 80244004.

This leads me to believe that there is something conflicting with these drivers and/or windows update. What should I do? Thanks.

chronicconja

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012

I too am having the same problem while watching youtube videos, and it's only been happening as of recently. Lots of people are saying its just specific to my computer, but i've read a lot of other people saying they too are dealing with it. I think there must of recently been an update or something that doesn't work 100%. I don't know *** about comps but i need help.!!!!!!