AOL mail causes IE to freeze

When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my inbox, IE
freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security running
4 answers Last reply
More about mail freeze

    "Arizona" <Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my inbox,
    > IE
    > freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
    > cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
    > Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
    > Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security
    > running

    You may have noticed a lack of responses to your post.
    The reason is simple: Most of the individuals that frequent this newsgroup
    would not let AOL anywhere near their computer.

    My best suggestion for you is to dump AOL and get a real ISP.

    My apologies, but it really is the best solution.

    Bobby

    Get Norton out of there first. I've seen it cause more problems than any
    other single program I have ever encountered.
    Delete all temp internet files while IE is NOT running.
    Try again.
    Some adware/spyware blockers do more harm than good. Since you didn't say
    which ones, I can't comment.
    I don't have any problems retrieving my AOL mail through their website.
    I even have it setup now in Outlook!
    I have cable for my regular internet, but I keep AOL as my dialup backup and
    for travelling.
    I have at least 4-5 versions of AOL in various iterations installed at any
    given time.
    I've never had AOL crash my system...even the BETA versions.

    :::Sees the majority of the experts cringe at the very thought of AOL:::
    --
    A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    "Arizona" <Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my inbox,
    > IE
    > freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
    > cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
    > Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
    > Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security
    > running

    Call AOL Hell support

    --
    Peter

    "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote

    > "Arizona" <Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    >> When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my
    >> inbox, IE
    >> freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
    >> cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
    >> Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
    >> Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security
    >> running
    >
    > You may have noticed a lack of responses to your post.
    > The reason is simple: Most of the individuals that frequent this
    > newsgroup would not let AOL anywhere near their computer.
    >
    > My best suggestion for you is to dump AOL and get a real ISP.
    >
    > My apologies, but it really is the best solution.
    >
    > Bobby

    Bobby's right. A nice, clean install to make sure that AOL is permanently
    and irrevocably off your computer is the best thing you could do. Oh, and
    Norton has to go, too :-)

    Alias

Internet Explorer AOL Windows XP