AOL mail causes IE to freeze

September 2, 2005 3:22:02 PM

When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my inbox, IE
freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security running

More about : aol mail freeze

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 7:20:57 PM

"Arizona" <Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my inbox,
> IE
> freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
> cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
> Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
> Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security
> running

You may have noticed a lack of responses to your post.
The reason is simple: Most of the individuals that frequent this newsgroup
would not let AOL anywhere near their computer.

My best suggestion for you is to dump AOL and get a real ISP.

My apologies, but it really is the best solution.

Bobby
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:23:32 AM

Get Norton out of there first. I've seen it cause more problems than any
other single program I have ever encountered.
Delete all temp internet files while IE is NOT running.
Try again.
Some adware/spyware blockers do more harm than good. Since you didn't say
which ones, I can't comment.
I don't have any problems retrieving my AOL mail through their website.
I even have it setup now in Outlook!
I have cable for my regular internet, but I keep AOL as my dialup backup and
for travelling.
I have at least 4-5 versions of AOL in various iterations installed at any
given time.
I've never had AOL crash my system...even the BETA versions.

:::Sees the majority of the experts cringe at the very thought of AOL:::
--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"Arizona" <Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my inbox,
> IE
> freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
> cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
> Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
> Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security
> running
September 3, 2005 1:11:20 AM

Call AOL Hell support

--
Peter

"Arizona" <Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B08071BE-1BF8-4CDD-BAAA-21E10835B766@microsoft.com...
> When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my inbox, IE
> freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
> cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
> Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
> Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security running
September 3, 2005 7:52:25 AM

"NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote

> "Arizona" <Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>> When I check my AOL mail over the web, within seconds of opening my
>> inbox, IE
>> freezes. I have disabled XPs firewall and IE's pop up blocker, but still
>> cannot get AOL email. What else should I disable. I am running XP with
>> Windows Media Center and all latest service pack. I have Norton Internet
>> Security running with Personal fireall and spyware and adware security
>> running
>
> You may have noticed a lack of responses to your post.
> The reason is simple: Most of the individuals that frequent this
> newsgroup would not let AOL anywhere near their computer.
>
> My best suggestion for you is to dump AOL and get a real ISP.
>
> My apologies, but it really is the best solution.
>
> Bobby

Bobby's right. A nice, clean install to make sure that AOL is permanently
and irrevocably off your computer is the best thing you could do. Oh, and
Norton has to go, too :-)

Alias
!