Dimension 8300, adding internal harddrive as external?

Have a year old Dimension 8300 with a 120GB harddrive.

With some good deals on 250GB internal hard drives and USB enclosures
available, I am thinking of buying both, to create an external USB
hard drive.

Seems it should be easy.

Would I need any special software that doesn't come with the drive
or/and enclosure?

Any caveats?

Nope. Plug it in. Use it.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:07:19 -0400, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
wrote:

>Nope. Plug it in. Use it.

Hard drives are brand names but I see enclosures going from near $20
to $60, what do you look for, nothing fancy, just to assure it works
(USB)?

TIA

I like this one:

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=3325-N&cat=CAS

Do NOT get a cheap plastic one with a fan. They're LOUD!

Tom