Windows Explorer plug-in to go to specific directories

Hello, All! Instead of starting the Explorer directly and moving through the
directories, is there any software available to go to the specific
directories.

With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

Start learning to help yourself.

Click the Start button | Click Help and Support

www.google.com

http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

Search MSDN for
http://msdn.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Search for
http://technet.microsoft.com/default.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWTO

Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314853

HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307856

HOW TO: Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When Started

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ufMbwH$rFHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Brother Brock <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello, All! Instead of starting the Explorer directly and moving through
> the directories, is there any software available to go to the specific
> directories.
>
> With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

Hello, Wesley!
Thanks for your advise. As per your sujjestion I will have to create many
Windows Explorer shortcuts to open specific folders on the Quick Lauch Bar?
I am looking for a separate software to start Windows Explorer.........

With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

As far as I know you can have as many shortcuts as you want. However, Quick
Launch is limited to 8 or 10 or something icons. I do not know the exact
number.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OAqCzzLsFHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,

> As far as I know you can have as many shortcuts as you want.
> However, Quick
> Launch is limited to 8 or 10 or something icons. I do not know
> the exact
> number.

I *think* the only limit is set by the size of the icons and how
much room you give the Quick Launch Bar. If you drag the Quick
Launch Bar off the Tak Bar and dock it at the top of the screen,
for example, you can get a lot of icons up there

If there's any other limit (I don't know for sure), it's way more
than 8 or 10.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> In news:OAqCzzLsFHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Brother Brock <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Hello, Wesley!
>> Thanks for your advise. As per your sujjestion I will have to
>> create many
>> Windows Explorer shortcuts to open specific folders on the
>> Quick Lauch
>> Bar? I am looking for a separate software to start Windows
>> Explorer.........
>>
>> With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail:
>> Nobodyknows@unknown.com

Thanks, Ken.

I do not use Quick Launch.

I suppose you could drag the Quick Launch separator clear to the right
(w/Taskbar @ bottom) and drag the Taskbar up to fill almost half the screen.
;-) Ooh, is that ugly.

Well, now that I managed to screw up my Desktop by trying to drag Quick
Launch off the Taskbar and dragging the Show Desktop shortcut instead, it
rearrange all my icons, I'm gonna go order a pizza. ;-(

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23Ahl%23XNsFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Ken Blake <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> hunted and pecked:

> Thanks, Ken.

You're welcome, Wes.

> I do not use Quick Launch.
>
> I suppose you could drag the Quick Launch separator clear to
> the right
> (w/Taskbar @ bottom) and drag the Taskbar up to fill almost
> half the screen.
> ;-) Ooh, is that ugly.

Not only ugly, but the reduction in screen real estate is
painful.

> Well, now that I managed to screw up my Desktop by trying to
> drag Quick
> Launch off the Taskbar and dragging the Show Desktop shortcut
> instead, it
> rearrange all my icons, I'm gonna go order a pizza. ;-(

Pizza is better than Quick Launch any day of the week!

Please reply to the newsgroup

> In news:%23Ahl%23XNsFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Ken Blake <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> hunted and pecked:
>>
>>> As far as I know you can have as many shortcuts as you want.
>>> However, Quick
>>> Launch is limited to 8 or 10 or something icons. I do not
>>> know
>>> the exact
>>> number.
>>

>> I *think* the only limit is set by the size of the icons and
>> how
>> much room you give the Quick Launch Bar. If you drag the Quick
>> Launch Bar off the Tak Bar and dock it at the top of the
>> screen,
>> for example, you can get a lot of icons up there
>>
>> If there's any other limit (I don't know for sure), it's way
>> more
>> than 8 or 10.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup
>>

>>> In news:OAqCzzLsFHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>>> Brother Brock <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> hunted and pecked:

I took messing up my Desktop and trying to rearrange it as a hint. I
cleaned it up some.

I ate half of the pizza, the other half is for lunch tomorrow. :-D

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User