For some inane reason, the labels on my desktop icons & files names in
explorer now have underlines. What do I need to do to make them go away?
I noticed that when I'm in a File Dialog that the file names highlight
as if Windows is viewing them as hyperlinks.

David C. Holley wrote:
> For some inane reason, the labels on my desktop icons &
> files names in explorer now have underlines. What do I need
> to do to make them go away? I noticed that when I'm in a
> File Dialog that the file names highlight as if Windows is
> viewing them as hyperlinks.

Go to Control Panel and double click on Folder Options. Check
on the General tab and see what settings you have in place in
the "Click Items as follows" section. Sounds as if you have
them set to Single click along with "Underline icon titles
consistent with my browser". Adjust these settings to whatever
action you prefer.

Nepatsfan

The thing though is that the ONLY thing that I did setting wise was to
reset the touchpad on the laptop. THX though.