How do I access My Documents on a slaved harddrive?

I recently had my power supply die and it burned up my mobo
I built a new computer with a new harddrive. I took the old hard drive and
slaved it in my new computer. I cannot find any of my photos on the old
harddrive because I cannot get into My Desktop which has My Documents where
the photos are.
I had tried to boot from the old harddrive but my mouse and keyboard don't
work with this drive.
Is there a way I can get to My Desktop on a slaved drive?
Please help me find my pictures.
--
tonyz69
1 answer Last reply

    Are you getting an 'access denied' message? If so you might like to try
    taking ownership of the file/folder. Visit my website
    http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look
    at question 58

    Alternatively, if you have a retail version of windows xp (rather than a
    recovery disk), you might try making your slave drive the master and then
    performing a repair install. (again see question 55)

    Did your new motherboard come with a cd containing drivers for the
    motherboard? This may be the reason why your keyboard/mouse don't work
    because the slave copy of windows hasn't got the new motherboard drivers
    installed.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
    either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
    reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
    direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
    of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

    "tonyz69" <tonyz69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently had my power supply die and it burned up my mobo
    > I built a new computer with a new harddrive. I took the old hard drive
    > and
    > slaved it in my new computer. I cannot find any of my photos on the old
    > harddrive because I cannot get into My Desktop which has My Documents
    > where
    > the photos are.
    > I had tried to boot from the old harddrive but my mouse and keyboard don't
    > work with this drive.
    > Is there a way I can get to My Desktop on a slaved drive?
    > Please help me find my pictures.
    > --
    > tonyz69

My Documents Hard Drives Windows XP