What all-in-one printer is cheapest to operate

G

Hello,

We need a good printer/fax that is economical to use. Our current Lexmark is using way too much ink and costing us a fortune. For now, this printer/fax will not be connected to the computer, but will be a stand alone. Please give me your best advice in what to buy next time around.

G

Kodak are currently running an advertising campaign claiming that their models are most economic to run -- may be worth talking to a dealer for details.

Frankly, I'd forget inkjet and look at a laser based printer/fax.

MMXMonster

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I just picked up an all in one by Canon, a Pixma MX870. It does fax, scan, copy, print. It has bluetooth, wireless b/g, usb 2.0 and ethernet. Cool features like scan to printer, scan to pc or scan to usb or SD card (which it has a built in reader). On sale at Bestbuy for $149.99

fancy1cat

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I bought mine at Office Max for only $89.99! You can also buy new directly from Canon's website for $79.99 and it even comes with a calculator/bluetooth mouse thrown in. Pigment black printing is great but printer driver does not use pigment black for duplex printing or borderless printing. You might have to use borderless plain paper printing if your side margin is closer than a fat 1/4" and the the quality is not as good, black type gets screened.