XP Home, can't print after SP2

Hi,

Thank you in advance for your help.

I initially created two users when I installed xp home, user 1 and user 2.
user 1 had admin rights and user 2 had limited rights. They were both logged
in, so documents and settings directory was created. I created a further four
limited users, 3 to 6, but they had not be logged into when I installed SP2.

When I try and print from any user 3 to 6, an entry gets placed into the
print queue, but does not print. I cannot delete tbe entry either, even with
admin rights.

I can print just fine from users 1 and 2.

I have deleted accounts 3 to 6, and created them again but the problem stil
persists.

Printer hp 7130 on usb.

Thanks

Barry

dilligaf

Here is one thing you can try login as admin go into your services in the
control panel stop the spooler services go into the print que and delete the
jobs and restart the spooler services and you should be ok
Another thing is the printer set up to allow all users to have full control
of the printer you can check this by looking under the properties of the
printer under the security settings
"BarryW" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> I initially created two users when I installed xp home, user 1 and user 2.
> user 1 had admin rights and user 2 had limited rights. They were both logged
> in, so documents and settings directory was created. I created a further four
> limited users, 3 to 6, but they had not be logged into when I installed SP2.
>
> When I try and print from any user 3 to 6, an entry gets placed into the
> print queue, but does not print. I cannot delete tbe entry either, even with
> admin rights.
>
> I can print just fine from users 1 and 2.
>
> I have deleted accounts 3 to 6, and created them again but the problem stil
> persists.
>
> Printer hp 7130 on usb.
>
> Thanks
>
> Barry