Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

WIA Microdriver

Tags:
  • Scanners
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 6:18:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I am having a problem getting my scanner to work and it appears to me that I
need a WIA Microdriver that is compatible with my Epson Perfection 2580 PHOTO
scanner. I would like to know where I can download such a driver?

More about : wia microdriver

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 11:25:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

From: "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I am having a problem getting my scanner to work and it appears to me that I
| need a WIA Microdriver that is compatible with my Epson Perfection 2580 PHOTO
| scanner. I would like to know where I can download such a driver?

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/Supportdlsur...

Direct dfownload:
ftp://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson11373.exe

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 11:25:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thank you very much for the reply, but I am not looking for an Epson driver,
because I already have one. I am looking for WIA Microdriver from Microsoft
which is what I need to make the scanner work. I need to know where I can
find this driver?

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | I am having a problem getting my scanner to work and it appears to me that I
> | need a WIA Microdriver that is compatible with my Epson Perfection 2580 PHOTO
> | scanner. I would like to know where I can download such a driver?
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/Supportdlsur...
>
> Direct dfownload:
> ftp://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson11373.exe
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
>
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 1:13:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

From: "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Thank you very much for the reply, but I am not looking for an Epson driver,
| because I already have one. I am looking for WIA Microdriver from Microsoft
| which is what I need to make the scanner work. I need to know where I can
| find this driver?

It would be supplied by the manufacturer/vendor, Epson, if it does not come stock with the
OS.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 1:13:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I have a new scanner with the latest
driver and whenever I plug in the USB cable I receive the following error
message: Windows could not load the installer for Image. This is not an
Epson issue but a Windows/Microsoft issue. I have determined that what I
need is the WIA Microdriver which I am desperately trying to find since I
need my scanner for buisness.

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | Thank you very much for the reply, but I am not looking for an Epson driver,
> | because I already have one. I am looking for WIA Microdriver from Microsoft
> | which is what I need to make the scanner work. I need to know where I can
> | find this driver?
>
> It would be supplied by the manufacturer/vendor, Epson, if it does not come stock with the
> OS.
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 1:36:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

From: "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I have a new scanner with the latest
| driver and whenever I plug in the USB cable I receive the following error
| message: Windows could not load the installer for Image. This is not an
| Epson issue but a Windows/Microsoft issue. I have determined that what I
| need is the WIA Microdriver which I am desperately trying to find since I
| need my scanner for buisness.


That's a completely different issue. The TWAIN driver is failing to load properly. This
can be ascertained by viewing the Device Manager and seeing if the scanner shows up in the
device list.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 1:36:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

As time goes along this is getting more confusing. The scanner does not show
up in Device list, however in add/remove programs the the Epson Scan does
show up.. When downloading the Epson software I get no error message and when
I contacted Epson they told me this is no an issue with them, but with
Microsoft. I believe this is true because I had another Epson scanner which
worked fine for a couple of years and then stopped working and I thought whe
I received the error message talked about it could be that the scanner was no
;onger good, so I went out a bought a brand new scanner only to find out I
have the same problem.

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I have a new scanner with the latest
> | driver and whenever I plug in the USB cable I receive the following error
> | message: Windows could not load the installer for Image. This is not an
> | Epson issue but a Windows/Microsoft issue. I have determined that what I
> | need is the WIA Microdriver which I am desperately trying to find since I
> | need my scanner for buisness.
>
>
> That's a completely different issue. The TWAIN driver is failing to load properly. This
> can be ascertained by viewing the Device Manager and seeing if the scanner shows up in the
> device list.
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 2:00:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

From: "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com>

| As time goes along this is getting more confusing. The scanner does not show
| up in Device list, however in add/remove programs the the Epson Scan does
| show up.. When downloading the Epson software I get no error message and when
| I contacted Epson they told me this is no an issue with them, but with
| Microsoft. I believe this is true because I had another Epson scanner which
| worked fine for a couple of years and then stopped working and I thought whe
| I received the error message talked about it could be that the scanner was no
| ;onger good, so I went out a bought a brand new scanner only to find out I
| have the same problem.

Then there may be a problem with how the OS interprets the Plug 'n Play aspect of the TWAIN
driver and the gardware and thus unable to setup the ability to use the scanner. It is too
bad that you didn't try to correct the problem with the orginal scanner you had befor
obtaining another.

The question is how can this be fixed. I am at a loss.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 9:44:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello to both Davids
Recently had a similar prob with a fairly new Sony Cyber shot digicam.
Would not plug and play, was not recognised in the scanner and cam wizard,
Micro said it was certifed by them, sony said it was completely compatible
with XP, wouldnt load via sony install disk and instructsions, nor via sony
online install instructions.
I was directed to EverythingUSB - they suggested a driver update(something
to do with the bios-didnt understand)-made sure all usb drivers were
updated- plugged in the cam and out of the 8 usbs it was recognised by two
of them. I still dont know how or what I did. In the meantime I had bought
a £10 card reader. Makes a good backup.
Hope this might help - cant add any more.
Luck to you
Antioch
'You can't educate pork'

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
news:%232sOKtCsFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> From: "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | As time goes along this is getting more confusing. The scanner does not
> show
> | up in Device list, however in add/remove programs the the Epson Scan
> does
> | show up.. When downloading the Epson software I get no error message and
> when
> | I contacted Epson they told me this is no an issue with them, but with
> | Microsoft. I believe this is true because I had another Epson scanner
> which
> | worked fine for a couple of years and then stopped working and I thought
> whe
> | I received the error message talked about it could be that the scanner
> was no
> | ;onger good, so I went out a bought a brand new scanner only to find out
> I
> | have the same problem.
>
> Then there may be a problem with how the OS interprets the Plug 'n Play
> aspect of the TWAIN
> driver and the gardware and thus unable to setup the ability to use the
> scanner. It is too
> bad that you didn't try to correct the problem with the orginal scanner
> you had befor
> obtaining another.
>
> The question is how can this be fixed. I am at a loss.
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
>
>
!