San Diego: Mission: Pinball taday/tonight

I'm off work at 3pm and I've literally got all day/night to play...

Anyone have recommendations or want to join me? I'm in PB now but I'm
willing to drive for a good machine...

TBK = The Biggest Kid
Looking for pin tourneys in So. Cal

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Thats my roadmap! I've printed it out and I just don't know which way to
go at this point. if someone wants to play at a certain place I'll
probably got there if not I may just start at the Catamaran Resort down
the street and work my way towards Santee (home) as the night goes on.

TBK = The Biggest Kid
Looking for pin tourneys in So. Cal

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Man i live in Lakeside, about a stones throw from santee.
I have in my collection.
AF
RS
TZ
WhirlWind
FH
IJ
MM
WE should hook up and play sometime!

I live in Temecula, but i go to San Diego all the time on business.
Let me know if you guys are setting something up. I'd love some
pin tournament action.

Dan

Wow, I live in Lakeside also. Do I know you? Have about 50 pins. I am
going to start having parties soon. Just built my game room but the
machines aren't up to par yet. Whirlwind, Earthshaker, AFM, TZ, NGG, TSPP,
Scared Stiff, Embryon, Catacomb, Corvette, STNG, RFM, TOM, Creature,
Jackbot, Fist Tails are in the room currently. Are you guys going to CA
Extreme. My buddy that lives down the street who also has a few pins also
are leaving Wed. Tim Paule
"Chris" <profgrif@cox.net> wrote in message
> Man i live in Lakeside, about a stones throw from santee.
> I have in my collection.
> AF
> RS
> TZ
> WhirlWind
> FH
> IJ
> MM
> WE should hook up and play sometime!

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

No I am not going to extreme.
I would like too but cannot take off work.
Gotta save my vacations for desert season!!!!
No I don't know anyone around that enjoys playing.
I usually just play With my son.
You have quite a collection going there. 50 pins (wow).
WE should hook up and play sometime. I would love to play
NGG, As I have never played one before.

Chris

OK here's my plan/route if anyone is up for some good competition stop
by I should be at the first stop by 4PM - I plan on spending 1-2 hours
at each location unless the machine is/becomes unplayable due to
malfunction/boredom...

Miramar Speed Circuit
8123 Miralani Dr San Diego Ca
Pinball machine(s): Indy 500

Merge onto I-5 N. to 52 East to 15N to Miramar Road
Turn right on Cabot go to Arjons & Miralani – NE corner

San Diego Ice Arena
11001 Black Mountain Rd
Pinball machine(s): Flintstones

1: Start out going EAST on MIRALANI DR toward CAMINO RUIZ. 0.5 miles Map
2: Turn LEFT onto CAMINO RUIZ. 1.3 miles Map
3: Turn RIGHT onto MIRA MESA BLVD. 1.2 miles Map
4: Turn LEFT onto BLACK MOUNTAIN RD. 0.2 miles Map
5: End at 11001 Black Mountain Rd

San Diego, CA 92126-4801, US Map Total Est. Time: 7 minutes Total Est.
Distance: 3.36 miles

Poway Fun Bowl
12941 Poway Road
Pinball machine(s): Indiana Jones, Simpsons Pinball Party

1: Start out going NORTH on BLACK MOUNTAIN RD toward GALVIN AVE.
2: Make a U-TURN at GALVIN AVE onto BLACK MOUNTAIN RD. 0.2 miles
3: Turn LEFT onto MIRA MESA BLVD. 0.5 miles
4: Merge onto I-15 N. 2.1 miles
5: Take the RANCHO PENASQUITOS BLVD / POWAY ROAD exit. 0.2 miles
6: Merge onto POWAY RD. 3.4 miles
7: End at 12941 Poway Rd

Poway, CA 92064-4517, US Map Total Est. Time: 11 minutes Total Est.
Distance: 6.64 miles

TBK = The Biggest Kid
Looking for pin tourneys in So. Cal

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

I used to live on the east side of Santee - less than a stone's throw
away from Lakeside but now I'm on the West end so it's a really long 4-5
mile drive LOL! I have my kids every Mon-Tues and every other Fri-Sun. I
play tournament chess on Wednesdays but every Thursday night I go out
and play pinball! I don't care if I play at someone's house or if I have
to drive (as you can see by my little journey last night above). I'm up
for games with players who know what they're doing when the little shiny
thing rolls around on the pretty pictures! Who knows we could hold our
own little tournaments or end up with a league here in East County!

As for my little trip last night,

Indy 500: very fun machine but the upper right flipper became less
reliable the longer I played and started "stuttering". I never did
finish the race but I left my name up there a few times. I'll be back to
play this one when the flipper is working right!

Flintstones: this machine was a ton of fun until it started stealing the
ball from me during multiballs and later just during regular play. The
right chute that feeds the left flipper rolls around and when the ball
falls off it is supposed to give it back to you! However, I also noticed
a small disk of felt placed (or displaced) on the ramp itself and I
wondered if this (mod?) might be the source of my frustration. I did
break a billion w/o buying in but didn't beat the 1.5 billion hi score.
I ended spending way too much time here (3 hours) because I just
couldn't seem to lose during the last hour and a half.

Indiana Jones/Simpson’s: It was almost 10 pm and I'd played for more
than five hours already and by now my wrists and forearms are starting
to get tired and sore. No high scores on either machine but several free
games. The Indy machine was in great shape and played quite well despite
a small slope to the right. TSPP was pretty fun to play but I lost more
balls on the right outlane than I care to remember. Many of the shots
went all the way to the plunger's metal lining then bounced back to
drain out the side lane without much hope for any type of nudge save.
After 2 hours here I headed for home one happy pinball playing freak!

I'm going to start planning next Thursday's trip over the weekend. If
anyone has suggestions or wants to join please feel free!

TBK = The Biggest Kid
Looking for pin tourneys in So. Cal

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

I'm still looking to get a ride to CA EX if anyone from San Diego is
going and has room for one more person. I'll even drive if someone wants
to share the gas cost - my Explorer has room for 3 more quite
comfortably, if we only take two people besides me then we'd still have
room for a machine if we want to bring one back!