I am a new user and wish to find out how I would go about backing up data
from a flash memory card onto my hard drive and vice versa. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

dilligaf

is it usb or do you have a flash card reader if you do it will act like a
removeable disk drive and you can transfer data just like a hard drive.