Monitors: Dell 1703FP Ultrasharp vs. Samsung 173TP ?

I'm ready to buy a Dimension 8300. Currently the Samsung 17" 173TP LCD
monitor is on sale for about $259 less than the 17" Dell Ultrasharp, a price
that I'm finding hard to pass up, i.e. using that money to buy more processor,
memory, etc. The specs on the Samsung would lead one to believe it is a
decent LCD monitor.

Can anybody who has the Samsung monitor or has firsthand knowledge of it,
comment on its picture quality vs. the Dell? It doesn't have to be as good as
the Dell monitor, but I want to make sure I'm not getting an inferior monitor.
BTW, I will be using this PC for web browsing, typical office apps and some
digital video transfer to DVD.

Thanks for your help !
5 answers Last reply
More about monitors dell 1703fp ultrasharp samsung 173tp

    Doesn't Samsung MAKE the Dell 17" LCD?

    Anyway, I don't have a 173TP, but do have a very old Samsung 170MP and it's
    STILL an outstanding LCD. Samsungs are the best!

    Tom
    "John C" <johncz@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I'm ready to buy a Dimension 8300. Currently the Samsung 17" 173TP LCD
    > monitor is on sale for about $259 less than the 17" Dell Ultrasharp, a
    price
    > that I'm finding hard to pass up, i.e. using that money to buy more
    processor,
    > memory, etc. The specs on the Samsung would lead one to believe it is a
    > decent LCD monitor.
    >
    > Can anybody who has the Samsung monitor or has firsthand knowledge of it,
    > comment on its picture quality vs. the Dell? It doesn't have to be as
    good as
    > the Dell monitor, but I want to make sure I'm not getting an inferior
    monitor.
    > BTW, I will be using this PC for web browsing, typical office apps and
    some
    > digital video transfer to DVD.
    >
    > Thanks for your help !

    Tom, who makes the Dell 2001FP?

    Brian

    > Doesn't Samsung MAKE the Dell 17" LCD?
    >
    > Anyway, I don't have a 173TP, but do have a very old Samsung 170MP and
    it's
    > STILL an outstanding LCD. Samsungs are the best!
    >
    > Tom

    I don't know. I 'think' it is Lucky Goldstar.

    Tom

    >I don't know. I 'think' it is Lucky Goldstar.
    >
    > Tom

    <snip>

    Tom,

    Last I read (12-18 mos ago) was that Samsung had a contract for all Dell
    monitors. That's been awhile back, however.

    Stew

    LG definately makes some now.
    "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message

    > >I don't know. I 'think' it is Lucky Goldstar.
    > >
    > > Tom
    >
    > <snip>
    >

    > Tom,
    >
    > Last I read (12-18 mos ago) was that Samsung had a contract for all Dell
    > monitors. That's been awhile back, however.
    >

    > Stew

Dell Monitors Samsung Computers Product