Barts PE not recognizing hard drives on Dell PC with SATA ..

Used to use Barts PE on a Windows XP system that had IDE drives.
Created a new one since I was getting an error on my new Dell System
with Windows XP PRO. Said it could not find a certain .in file.

So I created a new Barts PE using a Windows XP Pro CD with SP1 and a
blank CD to write the ISO image.

After rebooting with Barts PE CD with ISO image, it looked fine and
booted okay into Barts PE---BUT---it could not see my hard drives....

hmmmm wonder if this has to do with my system being a DELL with SATA
drives.

Ideas?

Same with ERD Commander-could not see drives, only CD drives and the
virtual Drive that is used by the program.

Thanks for any advice
Patty

You need SP2 to recognize SATA drives....or Slipstream the SATA drivers into
your Barts PE CD
peterk

pattyjamas wrote:
> Used to use Barts PE on a Windows XP system that had IDE drives.
> Created a new one since I was getting an error on my new Dell System
> with Windows XP PRO. Said it could not find a certain .in file.
>
> So I created a new Barts PE using a Windows XP Pro CD with SP1 and a
> blank CD to write the ISO image.
>
> After rebooting with Barts PE CD with ISO image, it looked fine and
> booted okay into Barts PE---BUT---it could not see my hard drives....
>
> hmmmm wonder if this has to do with my system being a DELL with SATA
> drives.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Same with ERD Commander-could not see drives, only CD drives and the
> virtual Drive that is used by the program.

You need to look more into adding drivers to you BartPE CDs.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks I found myn SP2 Windows XP Pro CD and can try making a Barts PE
with that.

Guess I will have to try to find what SATA drivers the system uses and
somehow add them.

Did not see anything in Device Manager except Microsoft made drivers.

Thanks,
Patty

SP2 includes the ability to use SATA drives

> Thanks I found myn SP2 Windows XP Pro CD and can try making a Barts PE
> with that.
>
> Guess I will have to try to find what SATA drivers the system uses and
> somehow add them.
>
> Did not see anything in Device Manager except Microsoft made drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Patty

Ended up getting an error with Barts PE loading on Bootup stating file
\i386\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be found.

Not sure why. Tried to research it and Microsoft talks about Norton (do
not have) and other programs but Bart does not even get that far if it
boots correctly since it is booting mostlt off the Bart CD.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Patty