Email option in 'My Photos' has stopped working!

I've been using this regularly to email photos (Outlook Express) but suddenly
it isn't working. When I click on 'email this folder etc' nothing happens.
All other options in the 'My Photos' seem to work okay. The Outlook
Express is fine when I'm using it for normal emails with attachments. Help
please!
--
diannew
4 answers Last reply

    Check if Outlook Express is your default e-mail program:

    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Go to Tools, Internet Options.
    3. Select the Programs tab.

    Additionally:

    Open OE, go to Tools, Options, General tab, click on the first Make Default button (if it is not dimmed).

    To re-register Outlook Express:

    Open Start, Open, type this line (without quotes) 'X:\Program Files\Outlook Express\Msimn.exe /reg' and press Enter.

    (You must change the "X" into the drive letter where XP is installed.)

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "diannew" <diannew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2104356C-B0D6-42D1-B04A-EF52EDDC22E6@microsoft.com...
    > I've been using this regularly to email photos (Outlook Express) but suddenly
    > it isn't working. When I click on 'email this folder etc' nothing happens.
    > All other options in the 'My Photos' seem to work okay. The Outlook
    > Express is fine when I'm using it for normal emails with attachments. Help
    > please!
    > --
    > diannew

    diannew,

    Click Start, Run and type:

    regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    regsvr32 sendmail.dll

    If that does not help, fix the OE's default mail handlers using these
    commands.

    "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE" /REG
    regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msoe.dll"

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "diannew" <diannew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've been using this regularly to email photos (Outlook Express) but
    > suddenly
    > it isn't working. When I click on 'email this folder etc' nothing
    > happens.
    > All other options in the 'My Photos' seem to work okay. The Outlook
    > Express is fine when I'm using it for normal emails with attachments.
    > Help
    > please!
    > --
    > diannew

    I have tried the suggestions offered by Daniel & Ramesh but still no luck.
    Outlook Express is set as my default. Any more ideas on how I can correct
    the problem?
    --
    diannew

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > diannew,
    >
    > Click Start, Run and type:
    >
    > regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    > regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    >
    > If that does not help, fix the OE's default mail handlers using these
    > commands.
    >
    > "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE" /REG
    > regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msoe.dll"
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "diannew" <diannew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I've been using this regularly to email photos (Outlook Express) but
    > > suddenly
    > > it isn't working. When I click on 'email this folder etc' nothing
    > > happens.
    > > All other options in the 'My Photos' seem to work okay. The Outlook
    > > Express is fine when I'm using it for normal emails with attachments.
    > > Help
    > > please!
    > > --
    > > diannew

    diannew,

    See if a third-party shell extension is blocking the "e-mail this folder"
    feature. Follow method 2 here:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    >I have tried the suggestions offered by Daniel & Ramesh but still no luck.
    > Outlook Express is set as my default. Any more ideas on how I can
    > correct
    > the problem?
    > --
    > diannew
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> diannew,
    >>
    >> Click Start, Run and type:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    >> regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    >>
    >> If that does not help, fix the OE's default mail handlers using these
    >> commands.
    >>
    >> "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE" /REG
    >> regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msoe.dll"
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "diannew" <diannew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I've been using this regularly to email photos (Outlook Express) but
    >> > suddenly
    >> > it isn't working. When I click on 'email this folder etc' nothing
    >> > happens.
    >> > All other options in the 'My Photos' seem to work okay. The Outlook
    >> > Express is fine when I'm using it for normal emails with attachments.
    >> > Help
    >> > please!
    >> > --
    >> > diannew

Outlook Express Email Microsoft Windows XP