Sign in with
Your question

Help me find a good monitor or suggest some please?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 3, 2010 12:38:04 AM

Guys, black friday/november is coming up, and I want ot revamp my screen space.

So recently, my sister and I were thinking of getting two LCD screens. One for teh each of us...

So my monitor's size can not exceed 27 inch width and hers can not exceed 21 inch.

We are both gamers - the monitor needs to be able to deliver semi-flawless and fast pictre and color.

Problem is - I would look for a monitor myself, but I've never bought an flat panel... My TV is CRT, and my monitors are both CRTs.

Someone told me to buy based on brand (LG, Samsung, and Asus), someone told me to buy based on response time (2-5 ms) and then someone told me not to bybased on response time.

So.. ????? D:!

PS:
Perhaps I should mention this...
She is on integrated graphics right now - HD 4200, but I might be giving her my HD 4850 b/c I'm a good sister :< at least when I get a better card ;p

My HD 4850 has d-sub, dvi-d and hdmi... so I'm not lost on connectors.

The motherboard is an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO for both of us (hers is a newer revision), i have a 955, she has a 945 (phenom II x4) - both boards have d-sub, dvi-i, and hdmi.

(So my monitor can be DVI-I or D, hers is DVI-D only) (both dual link as provided by the wikipedia page..)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

From what I understand:
DVI-I accepts both DVI-I and DVI-D connectors

While DVI-D is limited to just DVI-D.

Correct?
!