Old Dell RAM upgrade?

mo

Hi, a friend of mine was given an old Dell, an Optiplex GX-1. It's got a
Pentium II processor and 64 MBs of RAM. It has Windows 98. Can he add RAM
to it? If so, how much? And does he have to get it from Dell or can he buy
more RAM at any computer retail outlet?

Thanks in advance for any/all replies!

Go here and read all about it;
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ban%5Fgx1/specs.htm
Buy the ram from crucial as they guarantee compatibility.
You will have to know the processor speed though, as it seems
Dell upgraded the GX 1 along the way from PC100 to PC133
and max RAM from 384 to 768MB.

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:34:34 -0400, "Pen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>> Hi, a friend of mine was given an old Dell, an Optiplex GX-1. ...

>Go here and read all about it;
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ban%5Fgx1/specs.htm

Thanks. I also had been trying to get that information.

Geo