Radeon X800 SE or XT?

Mary

Hello, can anyone explain what is the difference between the Radeon X800 SE
and Radeon X800 XT. I'm putting together a 8400 for a gaming machine is
there much difference between these two cards?

Thanks,
Mary.

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:34:32 +0100, mary wrote:

> Hello, can anyone explain what is the difference between the Radeon X800 SE
> and Radeon X800 XT. I'm putting together a 8400 for a gaming machine is
> there much difference between these two cards?

I've heard a lot of folks with the X800 SE complain of poor performance.
Get the X800 XT. I did. :)

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email.

I have the 800 SE and I play Doom 3 and Call of Duty. It works great but I
am sure the XT is much faster.

"mary" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, can anyone explain what is the difference between the Radeon X800
SE
> and Radeon X800 XT. I'm putting together a 8400 for a gaming machine is
> there much difference between these two cards?
>
> Thanks,
> Mary.

Molly

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

If you are going to purchase a new LCD monitor for game play the Dell
1704FPT has a fast response time.
Carolyn
>I have the 800 SE and I play Doom 3 and Call of Duty. It works great but I
> am sure the XT is much faster.
>
> "mary" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, can anyone explain what is the difference between the Radeon X800
> SE
>> and Radeon X800 XT. I'm putting together a 8400 for a gaming machine is
>> there much difference between these two cards?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mary.

Mary

| If you are going to purchase a new LCD monitor for game play the Dell
| 1704FPT has a fast response time.
| Carolyn

I've already decided to go with the 2001 LCD

mary wrote:

> Hello, can anyone explain what is the difference between the Radeon X800 SE
> and Radeon X800 XT. I'm putting together a 8400 for a gaming machine is
> there much difference between these two cards?
>
> Thanks,
> Mary.

I've heard some complaints about the X300 SE not being a very good card.
From what I have read, the performance of the X800 SE should be about
the same or a little better than a Radeon 9800 XT.

Unless you need the absolute fastest card on the market, the X800 SE
should do a very nice job. I believe they upcharge about $180 for a
X800 SE on the Dell and it costs over $300 for a 9800 XT currently and
$400 to $500 for a X800 XT. So, for $180 you are getting a pretty nice
card.