having a little network problem.....

albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

i currently have a network of 29 desktop stations managed by an hp
netserver its alright i have a hp hub and a cayman dsl modem with a
linksys router....one day i leave for lunch, everything is good in this
classroom and when i come back the network is down...all the stations
have an ip address asssigned by a dhcp server, but they cannot
ping...it also gives me the message page cannot be displayed,, and
cannot find server...ive tried a couple things but so far no
luck.....can anybody please give me an idea of a solution?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> i currently have a network of 29 desktop stations managed by
> an hp
> netserver its alright i have a hp hub and a cayman dsl modem
> with a
> linksys router....one day i leave for lunch, everything is
> good in this
> classroom and when i come back the network is down...all the
> stations
> have an ip address asssigned by a dhcp server, but they cannot
> ping...it also gives me the message page cannot be displayed,,
> and
> cannot find server...ive tried a couple things but so far no
> luck.....can anybody please give me an idea of a solution?

Can i asume that your desktop clients get there network infor (as in,
WINS server, DNS server and so forth) from DHCP server, try
reconfiguring (reseting, what ever) the config on your DHCP server and
restart the desktop clients.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-network-problem-ftopict416774.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1389840