HW compability question : K580 vs rp3440-4 Enterprise server

Hi,

I have a short question concerning HP compatibility:
We have here a K580 HP Server with several CPUs running at 240 MHz.
For a new product we plan to invest in a rp3440 with Dual Core CPUs.

The question is: Can I run the same binary program on both systems?
Thanks in advance !

Juergen

yh

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

Hi,

The new hp machine works under hp-ux 11i, so it is important what is the
hp-ux version in in your K580. If the version is hp-ux 11.00 then, it may
work without re-compiling.