Freezes on startup splash screen help!

scopetacticz

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
I recently built a computer, and everything worked fine at first but after awhile of using it eventually I shut it down and when I rebooted it would freeze on startup (where the splash screen with the 4 circles is), I cannot get into startup repair, it just freezes, I cannot get into safe mode it just freezes, I'm kind of scared please help!

System specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lTtJ

Solution
Hard locks almost always indicate a hardware problem.

1. If you are overclocking set ALL clocks back to stock (Memory, CPU, & GPU)

2. Reseat ALL connectors. Don't just push on them, actually remove then reinstall.

3. Double and triple check that the processor heatsink is properly installed and square to the CPU. Clean and replace the thermal compound when you do this (only a VERY thin layer of compound).

4. Make sure that you have the 6 or 8 pin power plugs connected to the video card.

5. Disconnect all external devices except mouse, & keyboard.

scopetacticz

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

I removed a couple sticks, it seems to get slightly farther before freezing but still wont work. I cannot re install Windows it just freezes while its transferring the files.

Hard locks almost always indicate a hardware problem.

1. If you are overclocking set ALL clocks back to stock (Memory, CPU, & GPU)

2. Reseat ALL connectors. Don't just push on them, actually remove then reinstall.

3. Double and triple check that the processor heatsink is properly installed and square to the CPU. Clean and replace the thermal compound when you do this (only a VERY thin layer of compound).

4. Make sure that you have the 6 or 8 pin power plugs connected to the video card.

5. Disconnect all external devices except mouse, & keyboard.

Solution

scopetacticz

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

That fixed it, thanks very much!!