want "classic" everything, but get green/blue XP taskbar

September 3, 2005 1:54:16 AM

Hi,

Most of the time my settings for Classic style work. However, I can't
get the XP green/blue taskbar to go back to classic style. It just
switched by itself.

Any help appreciated.

Jim
September 3, 2005 2:12:04 AM

Jim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Most of the time my settings for Classic style work. However, I can't
> get the XP green/blue taskbar to go back to classic style. It just
> switched by itself.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Jim
Found it in Display Properties, Appearance.
All fixed.

Jim
September 3, 2005 2:37:08 PM

Jim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Most of the time my settings for Classic style work. However, I can't
> get the XP green/blue taskbar to go back to classic style. It just
> switched by itself.

To be sure it doesn't come back, turn off the "theme" service
(control panel -> admin tools -> services -> find "themes" on the list,
right click and goto properties, choose manual startup)

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

Yeah man, I messed up and disabled "Themes" and lost my blue bar and green start button. After doing all forms of tweaking I couldn't remember what I clicked. So thanks for the help dude, a minor headache resolved!

Ray
!