Any Computer Support in the US?

I would like to buy a new computer. However, if possible, I would
like to buy from a company that still has their customer service in
the US. Do any companies have this anymore? Just got off being
online with Gateway and they said they were in the process of moving
their CS back to US. I think they were BSing me. Has anyone else
heard this?

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:59:05 GMT, mbrown2@rgv.rr.com wrote:

>their CS back to US. I think they were BSing me. Has anyone else
>heard this?

I have a buddy who is/was a Gateway tech out of the Kansas City
Office. He was one of the last to support business customers. He did
get his walking papers for sometime before year end, because a out
source company I think in Florida is getting the first line support.
So at least in business it is US, but not Gateway. I guess they do
still have a advance tech support dept in Sioux City, but I bet it
will be hard for the average Joe to get to.

You know what to do: shdb at slip dot net