HP Officejet 6110 scanner light

I have an HP Officejet 6110. It is great except that its scan light appears
to be permanently on, even when it has not been used for days. I am
concerned that this will prematurely age the scan light. Is there any way of
putting the scan light into a standby mode?

Steve Luttrell

I was just going through tech support with this issue. They sent me a new
printer which did it as well. then they had me change the standby mode
setting under maintenance to 1 hour. Apparently it was set to 12 hours.

I'll know if it works in 53 minutes... I'll post back.

Jesse

"Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet@_removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk> wrote in
message news:414a22d5$0$41658$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...
> I have an HP Officejet 6110. It is great except that its scan light
appears
> to be permanently on, even when it has not been used for days. I am
> concerned that this will prematurely age the scan light. Is there any way
of
> putting the scan light into a standby mode?
>
> Steve Luttrell

setting the standby mode on the printer sets the light off in one hour. it
may have happened sooner, but I wasn't in the room the whole time