Internet Backgammon Connection problem

I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any of the games like backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the games continue to search for players but never connect. I read something about being behind a firewall, but my zone alarm is configured to allow connections to the zone servers. Any idea how I can get my internet games functioning again?
6 answers Last reply
More about internet backgammon connection problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    If you are using the msn messenger backgammon, you won't find many players.

    I suggest www.zone.com/backgammon

    "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any of the games like
    backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the games continue to search
    for players but never connect. I read something about being behind a
    firewall, but my zone alarm is configured to allow connections to the zone
    servers. Any idea how I can get my internet games functioning again?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Bill wrote:
    > I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any of the games
    > like backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the games continue
    > to search for players but never connect. I read something about
    > being behind a firewall, but my zone alarm is configured to allow
    > connections to the zone servers. Any idea how I can get my internet
    > games functioning again?

    This has just happened with Hearts too.
    Can I ask if you have just installed the latest Windows Updates?
    Because everyone with this problem has installed these "fixes"
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    >I'm having the same problem, but I think I first
    encountered it several hours before I downloaded the
    updates.

    >> I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any
    of the games
    >> like backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the
    games continue
    >> to search for players but never connect. I read
    something about
    >> being behind a firewall, but my zone alarm is
    configured to allow
    >> connections to the zone servers. Any idea how I can
    get my internet
    >> games functioning again?
    >
    >This has just happened with Hearts too.
    >Can I ask if you have just installed the latest Windows
    Updates?
    >Because everyone with this problem has installed
    these "fixes"

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Yes I did install the latest fixes and that's when the problem started. So I don't know if it's "firewall" related which is the only thing microsoft suggests be adjusted ( it is turned off). But I did a system restore to a point before the latest patches were installed and that didn't correct the problem.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    "frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1aac401c423b6$1f5c76f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
    > >I'm having the same problem, but I think I first
    > encountered it several hours before I downloaded the
    > updates.

    I am having the same problem since I installed the latest fixes.
    Anyone out there find a solution yet?
  6. bill said:

    I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any of the games like backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the games continue to search for players but never connect. I read something about being behind a firewall, but my zone alarm is configured to allow connections to the zone servers. Any idea how I can get my internet games functioning again?

    CAN YOU HELP ME I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ??aNSWER MY EMAIL HASSAN@SHAHINE.COM

    THANKS

Connection Games Internet Video Games