Internet Backgammon Connection problem

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 15, 2004 11:41:03 PM

I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any of the games like backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the games continue to search for players but never connect. I read something about being behind a firewall, but my zone alarm is configured to allow connections to the zone servers. Any idea how I can get my internet games functioning again?
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 1:49:36 AM

If you are using the msn messenger backgammon, you won't find many players.

I suggest www.zone.com/backgammon

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any of the games like
backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the games continue to search
for players but never connect. I read something about being behind a
firewall, but my zone alarm is configured to allow connections to the zone
servers. Any idea how I can get my internet games functioning again?
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 5:09:33 PM

Bill wrote:
> I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any of the games
> like backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the games continue
> to search for players but never connect. I read something about
> being behind a firewall, but my zone alarm is configured to allow
> connections to the zone servers. Any idea how I can get my internet
> games functioning again?

This has just happened with Hearts too.
Can I ask if you have just installed the latest Windows Updates?
Because everyone with this problem has installed these "fixes"
April 16, 2004 5:09:34 PM

>I'm having the same problem, but I think I first
encountered it several hours before I downloaded the
updates.

>> I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any
of the games
>> like backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the
games continue
>> to search for players but never connect. I read
something about
>> being behind a firewall, but my zone alarm is
configured to allow
>> connections to the zone servers. Any idea how I can
get my internet
>> games functioning again?
>
>This has just happened with Hearts too.
>Can I ask if you have just installed the latest Windows
Updates?
>Because everyone with this problem has installed
these "fixes"

April 16, 2004 10:06:03 PM

Yes I did install the latest fixes and that's when the problem started. So I don't know if it's "firewall" related which is the only thing microsoft suggests be adjusted ( it is turned off). But I did a system restore to a point before the latest patches were installed and that didn't correct the problem.
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 10:15:45 PM

"frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1aac401c423b6$1f5c76f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> >I'm having the same problem, but I think I first
> encountered it several hours before I downloaded the
> updates.

I am having the same problem since I installed the latest fixes.
Anyone out there find a solution yet?
October 19, 2011 7:12:13 PM

bill said:

I'm running XP but suddenly am unable to get into any of the games like backgammon. I can connect to the sever, but the games continue to search for players but never connect. I read something about being behind a firewall, but my zone alarm is configured to allow connections to the zone servers. Any idea how I can get my internet games functioning again?

CAN YOU HELP ME I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ??aNSWER MY EMAIL HASSAN@SHAHINE.COM

THANKS
!