I am having a problem getting my scanner to work and it appears to me that I
need a WIA Microdriver . I would like to know where I can download such a
driver.

Your scanner may well be too old (read "incompatible") with Windows XP (many
are). If you were to post the manufacturer and model number (you should
always do this if you want a reply that is pertinent to "your" problem)
maybe someone who has tried to use the same scanner could assist you.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem getting my scanner to work and it appears to me that
> need a WIA Microdriver . I would like to know where I can download such a
> driver.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. The scanner is brand new. The
scanner is a Epson Perfection 2580 PHOTO.

"Richard Urban [MVP]" wrote:

> Your scanner may well be too old (read "incompatible") with Windows XP (many
> are). If you were to post the manufacturer and model number (you should
> always do this if you want a reply that is pertinent to "your" problem)
> maybe someone who has tried to use the same scanner could assist you.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
>
> "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a problem getting my scanner to work and it appears to me that
> > need a WIA Microdriver . I would like to know where I can download such a
> > driver.

As per this,
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Specs&oid=46253280&category=Products,
your scanner IS compatible. Did you install the scanner software and drivers
that came with the scanner?

Get the latest scanner software/drivers here:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=41624

From: "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com>

| As per this,

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Specs&oid=46253280&category=Products,
| your scanner IS compatible. Did you install the scanner software and drivers
| that came with the scanner?
|
| Get the latest scanner software/drivers here:
| http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=41624
|
| --
| Regards,
|
| Richard Urban
| Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
|
| Quote from: George Ankner
| "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
| You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"

Richard:

Please reference the SAME post done on 9/2 @ 5:18 PM.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Thanks. I will bow out now. No sense beating a dead horse.

--

> From: "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com>
>
> | As per this,
> |
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Specs&oid=46253280&category=Products,
> | your scanner IS compatible. Did you install the scanner software and
> drivers
> | that came with the scanner?
> |
> | Get the latest scanner software/drivers here:
> |
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=41624
> |
> | --
> | Regards,
> |
> | Richard Urban
> | Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> |
> | Quote from: George Ankner
> | "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
> | You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>

> Richard:
>
> Please reference the SAME post done on 9/2 @ 5:18 PM.
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Hello David
Dont give up yet. I was in similar trouble with a digicam. Was told I
needed a WIA by Microsoft, but to get it from Sony.
See my addition to your first post. At the last resort this may have some
bearing to your little prob.
Could be worth a try
Rgds
Antioch
'You can't educate pork' - hence the lack of knowledge as to what sorted my
prob.