Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Programs listed but not able to activate

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 15, 2012 9:09:46 PM

I have a new Acer computer with windows 7 pro 64 bit. I am currently using Thunderbird but I really miss Outlook Express and the ability to do stationery. I understand that Windows Mail is the most like OE and it is listed in my programs but seems to be locked. Why are thos Microsoft programs listed but unavailable??
Sandi

More about : programs listed activate

a b $ Windows 7
November 15, 2012 10:04:44 PM

Hi :) 

Windows mail will NOT work in 7.... Thunderbird is the nearest you will get to OE...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 10:31:47 PM

You can try and download the latest version and reinstall them here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essenti...

Windows Essentials 2012 requires the following:

Operating system: 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7, or 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 8 Release Preview, or Windows Server 2008 R2.

m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 15, 2012 10:56:13 PM

nishihara said:
You can try and download the latest version and reinstall them here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essenti...

Windows Essentials 2012 requires the following:

Operating system: 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7, or 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 8 Release Preview, or Windows Server 2008 R2.



Hi :) 

Wrong product... he wants an OFFLINE email program , not live mail...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 11:35:12 PM

thanks to both of you for your responses. Guess I will concentrate on learning to like Thunderbird and hope Microsoft comes up with a better e-mail client in a year or two. Still wondering why they "tease" us by putting those things in the program on the start menu. :??: 
Sandi
m
0
l
November 16, 2012 3:42:46 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Wrong product... he wants an OFFLINE email program , not live mail...

All the best Brett :) 


Hi,

Actually it is not...just because it says Live does not make it online mail client. This is the former OE. You should try and install it and you will see it is an offline mail client.

"Manage multiple email accounts, calendars, and your contacts, even when you're offline."

Nish.
m
0
l
November 16, 2012 8:23:40 AM

+1^ Windows Live Mail is quite capable of working offline given that there is a "Work Offline" button right there on the Home ribbon.
m
0
l
November 16, 2012 3:15:28 PM

Actually I am interested in Windows Mail (most like OE) but I suppose I would not be able to get any support if I had problems.
By the way I am a"she"
Sandi
m
0
l
November 16, 2012 3:44:22 PM

SandiB2 said:
Actually I am interested in Windows Mail (most like OE) but I suppose I would not be able to get any support if I had problems.
By the way I am a"she"
Sandi


Although not direct support, there is help available through the Microsoft Answers community.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us
m
0
l
!