My A drive will not let me format a disk - tells me Windows cannot
format this disk, neither will it let the computer boot from the floppy
but I can open a programme that is on a floppy - there is nothing
showing amiss in device manager

If I have a non system disk in the drive it does the usual "replace desk
etc" If I have system disk in the drive it just ignores it and continues
to boot normally - BIOS is set to boot from floppy
- puzzled Is the actual drive stuffed or is it a Windows problem

Can anyone help?

Colin Bolton

What is set in the Bios . Floppy 1st and CD after or vica versa

--
Peter

"colb" <colb@iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:eLTgE2EsFHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> My A drive will not let me format a disk - tells me Windows cannot
> format this disk, neither will it let the computer boot from the floppy
> but I can open a programme that is on a floppy - there is nothing
> showing amiss in device manager
>
> If I have a non system disk in the drive it does the usual "replace desk
> etc" If I have system disk in the drive it just ignores it and continues
> to boot normally - BIOS is set to boot from floppy
> - puzzled Is the actual drive stuffed or is it a Windows problem
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Colin Bolton

On Friday 02 September 2005 11:05 pm, colb had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> My A drive will not let me format a disk - tells me Windows cannot
> format this disk, neither will it let the computer boot from the floppy
> but I can open a programme that is on a floppy - there is nothing
> showing amiss in device manager
>
> If I have a non system disk in the drive it does the usual "replace desk
> etc" If I have system disk in the drive it just ignores it and continues
> to boot normally - BIOS is set to boot from floppy
> - puzzled Is the actual drive stuffed or is it a Windows problem
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Colin Bolton

Time to spend $12 and purchase a new floppy drive.

--
I've eXPerienced it. Now I've moved on to a REAL operating system.
No more viruses, malware, spyware and instabilities.

TRENDING THREADS