Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gaming LCD monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 5, 2010 4:51:38 PM

Hello,

I currently have a ACER AL2216W (22" 16:10) and I want a bigger and better upgrade. I am a hardcore gamer and I have a hardcore gaming system. I play a lot of FPS games for multiple hours at a time. I've been searching the internet far and wide for suggestions and explanations of good gaming lcd monitors and I cannot seem to find one for me.

What I want:
A trustworthy brand
1920x1200 (16:10)
Low refresh rate (2ms preferred)
High contrast ratio
Under/around $300

What I don't want:
built-in speakers (I have 5.1 surround sound)
Gloss

Since I'm a huge gamer, the response time is very important to me. Please help!
I am willing to change the recommendations above to further fit my wants than my don't wants.

More about : gaming lcd monitor

Best solution

November 5, 2010 5:01:59 PM

I'd recommend this monitor.
Cheap compared to others and has a 2ms response time. It /does/ however have built in speakers, but it seems hard to find monitors of that res without them. Doesn't really matter though since you can turn em' off. On the other hand they do make the monitors a little bulkier.
November 5, 2010 5:06:27 PM

Meical said:
I'd recommend this monitor.
Cheap compared to others and has a 2ms response time. It /does/ however have built in speakers, but it seems hard to find monitors of that res without them. Doesn't really matter though since you can turn em' off. On the other hand they do make the monitors a little bulkier.

Yeah I've been looking at that one too. Thanks for the fast response.
m
l
Related resources
November 5, 2010 5:11:53 PM

No problem! I happened to be on here asking a question about my system (which involves that same monitor) and figured it'd be helpful to post that link for ya. XD
m
l
November 12, 2010 2:10:21 AM

Best answer selected by bullet100.
m
l
!