Need help!

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Added Note: My system was NOT overclocked. My system is a P4 3ghz with an Abit IC7.

Ok, I had bought some hardward for my P4 and installed it last night. I installed a Zalman VGA heatpipe/fan for my 9800pro, and an SP-94 with a Panaflo 92mm low, as well as replacing 2 case fans with ultra quiet models. I had also bought the Zalman NB heatsink but found out after removing the abit HSF that it didn't fit. (oops)

SO, I used my AS5 and put the old HSF back onto the motherboard (it had a pad on before which I removed and cleaned with rubbing alch and nail polish remover)
I also installed the SP-94 and cpu fan using AS5.

Sadly when I went to boot it up the computer would shut itself down within 3 seconds, which was before POST.

I figured one of the 2 HS was not on properly so I pulled off the MB fan and it seemed to be on evenly, but I smoothed out the AS5 and put it back on again. I then removed the SP-94 and it was on so evenly that the chip was suctioned to the bottom of the HS and came off WITH the HS when I removed it. I reapplied the AS5 removing some excess AS5 thinking that it might have to much on, and then put the CPU back on, and then the HS. Sadly it still wouldn't boot up. I then pulled out the MB battery and it set the CPU/FSB to 100/1.5ghz which was low enough to get me into the BIOS. I kept these settings and it got me into windows. I now need to know why this is causing me such a problem. I seem to be doing everything right....

I'm confused....

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Bent pins on CPU? Prolly no help but will serve to bump. Good Luck

XP 2000+
MSI KT3 ULTRA-2 KT333
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB PC2700
ABIT G4 Ti4200 OTES 64MB
Win98SE