photo editor question

I am using microsoft photo editor. I usually open a folder of
pictures, double-click on the picture and then use the arrow pad to go
through the rest of the pictures. This function suddenly stopped
working when viewing pictures. The arrow pad works ok for other
things. Also, I cannot use the delete key if a picture is open. I'd
appreciate any ideas on what could be wrong. Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about photo editor question

    No idea why the arrow pad isn't working there, but you can't delete a
    picture that is open because it is in use. No file that is "in use" can be
    deleted.

    "steve" <steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am using microsoft photo editor. I usually open a folder of
    > pictures, double-click on the picture and then use the arrow pad to go
    > through the rest of the pictures. This function suddenly stopped
    > working when viewing pictures. The arrow pad works ok for other
    > things. Also, I cannot use the delete key if a picture is open. I'd
    > appreciate any ideas on what could be wrong. Thanks

    Right on the deleting part and, when using the MS Photo editor, it will stop
    on the last picture in the folder when using the arrow keys, it does not
    cycle back around to the first one. Thus the arrow keys will appear disabled
    at this point.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
    > No idea why the arrow pad isn't working there, but you can't delete a
    > picture that is open because it is in use. No file that is "in use" can
    > be deleted.
    >
    > "steve" <steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I am using microsoft photo editor. I usually open a folder of
    >> pictures, double-click on the picture and then use the arrow pad to go
    >> through the rest of the pictures. This function suddenly stopped
    >> working when viewing pictures. The arrow pad works ok for other
    >> things. Also, I cannot use the delete key if a picture is open. I'd
    >> appreciate any ideas on what could be wrong. Thanks

    >I am using microsoft photo editor. I usually open a folder of
    > pictures, double-click on the picture and then use the arrow pad to go
    > through the rest of the pictures. This function suddenly stopped
    > working when viewing pictures. The arrow pad works ok for other
    > things. Also, I cannot use the delete key if a picture is open. I'd
    > appreciate any ideas on what could be wrong.

    Microsoft Photo Editor on my system has NEVER been able to use the arrow
    keys to go to another picture. Are you sure you don't mean Windows Picture
    and Fax Viewer?

    --
    ..__
    (__

    OK, thanks for your help

    On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 06:30:08 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
    <rick@mvps.org> wrote:

    >Right on the deleting part and, when using the MS Photo editor, it will stop
    >on the last picture in the folder when using the arrow keys, it does not
    >cycle back around to the first one. Thus the arrow keys will appear disabled
    >at this point.

    Yes, I meant photo editor. Thanks anyway though.

    On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:25:13 -0400, "Steve Shattuck"
    <steve@shattuck.net> wrote:

    >>I am using microsoft photo editor. I usually open a folder of
    >> pictures, double-click on the picture and then use the arrow pad to go
    >> through the rest of the pictures. This function suddenly stopped
    >> working when viewing pictures. The arrow pad works ok for other
    >> things. Also, I cannot use the delete key if a picture is open. I'd
    >> appreciate any ideas on what could be wrong.
    >
    >Microsoft Photo Editor on my system has NEVER been able to use the arrow
    >keys to go to another picture. Are you sure you don't mean Windows Picture
    >and Fax Viewer?

Photo Microsoft Windows XP