Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

everything worked fine till I installed the software
update for the broadband networking. Then it would
consistently give me an NDIS error on boot...

fatal 0E error at 0028:c001a084 in VxD NDIS(01) +000025d0
called from 0028:0001c0d4 in VxD NDIS(01) +00004620

sometimes it would let me by, but never would I have
connectivity to network & internet.

Uninstalled updated software and reinstalled old and
everything fine again.

Any suggestions on how to get the new software working?

joker

It sounds like the networking stack was damaged during the install.

Next time try the install in safe mode & disable your anti-virus &
firewall software before starting the install.

If it still gives you the same error try the following articles from
http://support.microsoft.com

166832 Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a
Windows application.

181599 How to Remove and Reinstall Dial-Up Networking and TCP/IP Files

241344 Error message: The page cannot be displayed (winsock fix)

293793 Exception 0E in Vredir Error Messages Opening Network Files

Also check add/remove programs for the following programs as several of
them have been known to cause issues with Windows.

7FaSST
AdBreak
AIMSTER
alexa
Aornum
At Guard
Attune
AudioGalaxy
Auriate Radiate
b3d projector
Babylon
backweb
BarginBuddy
BDE
BearShare
Black Ice Defender
bonzi buddy
ClickTheButton
ClickTillUWin
comet cursor
CommonName
CommonNames Toolbar
CnsMin
CyDoor
Ctron
Date Manager
Delfin Media Viewer
download accelerator
Download Demon
DownloadReceiver
DownloadWare
DSSagent
Enhanced MediaLoads
ezCyberSearch
Ezula
Fast Net
FavoriteMan
FlashTrack
Flyswat
Friend Greetings
FTAPP
GAIN
gator
Get Right
Go!Zilla
GoHip
Gratisware
Grokster
Hotbar
Huntbar
IEPlugin
IGetNet
Ilexia
Imesh
InetSpeak
Internet Boost
International Ad Delivery By NCase
iWon something
Kazaa
LimeWire
lop
MarketScore
MediaLoads
MediaLoads Installer
Micro Surfer
Micrografx (Something)
Morpheus
MP3.com
Napster
Net2Phone
Netgo
NetPal
Netsonic
Network Essentials
Netzip
new.net
No More Ads
NowBox
OfferCompanion
Onflow
OPTOUT
PadLookup By NCase
PC-cillin
precision time
Quick Click
radiate
real download
Roger Wilco
savenow
SearchAndBrowse
SearchExplorer
SecondPower Multimedia Speedbar
SHIELDS UP!
Sidestep
Spinner
Timesink
TinyBar
Top Text
topmoxie
Trellix web
Trickler
Turbo Explorer
UCMore
VLoading
Wazam
Web Early
Web Turbo
Web3000
webCelerator
webHancer
webto
windows tools by hotbar
WinSrv Reg
Wurld (something)
WurldMedia
Zero Knowledge Freedom
ZoneAlarm

I know I mentioned 3 firewalls, Black Ice Defender, PC-cillin, &
ZoneAlarm. Software firewalls have caused countless problems when not
configured correctly. The biggest problem is with PC-cillin, of those
three programs, as to my knowledge it still is not compatible with the
Microsoft networking hardware.

I'm not sure about the version of napster being released by Roxio. The
one I'm concerned about is the one when it was 100% free, as it
contained spyware.

Most of the programs I've listed either contain spyware, adware, or
malware components at the last time I checked them.

Sal wrote:
> everything worked fine till I installed the software
> update for the broadband networking. Then it would
> consistently give me an NDIS error on boot...
>
> fatal 0E error at 0028:c001a084 in VxD NDIS(01) +000025d0
> called from 0028:0001c0d4 in VxD NDIS(01) +00004620
>
> sometimes it would let me by, but never would I have
> connectivity to network & internet.
>
> Uninstalled updated software and reinstalled old and
> everything fine again.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get the new software working?

TRENDING THREADS