win98, mn720 & recent update

everything worked fine till I installed the software
update for the broadband networking. Then it would
consistently give me an NDIS error on boot...

fatal 0E error at 0028:c001a084 in VxD NDIS(01) +000025d0
called from 0028:0001c0d4 in VxD NDIS(01) +00004620

sometimes it would let me by, but never would I have
connectivity to network & internet.

Uninstalled updated software and reinstalled old and
everything fine again.

Any suggestions on how to get the new software working?
1 answer Last reply
More about win98 mn720 recent update

    It sounds like the networking stack was damaged during the install.

    Next time try the install in safe mode & disable your anti-virus &
    firewall software before starting the install.

    If it still gives you the same error try the following articles from
    http://support.microsoft.com

    166832 Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a
    Windows application.

    181599 How to Remove and Reinstall Dial-Up Networking and TCP/IP Files

    241344 Error message: The page cannot be displayed (winsock fix)

    293793 Exception 0E in Vredir Error Messages Opening Network Files

    Also check add/remove programs for the following programs as several of
    them have been known to cause issues with Windows.

    7FaSST
    AdBreak
    AIMSTER
    alexa
    Aornum
    At Guard
    Attune
    AudioGalaxy
    Auriate Radiate
    b3d projector
    Babylon
    backweb
    BarginBuddy
    BDE
    BearShare
    Black Ice Defender
    bonzi buddy
    ClickTheButton
    ClickTillUWin
    comet cursor
    CommonName
    CommonNames Toolbar
    CnsMin
    CyDoor
    Ctron
    Date Manager
    Delfin Media Viewer
    download accelerator
    Download Demon
    DownloadReceiver
    DownloadWare
    DSSagent
    Enhanced MediaLoads
    ezCyberSearch
    Ezula
    Fast Net
    FavoriteMan
    FlashTrack
    Flyswat
    Friend Greetings
    FTAPP
    GAIN
    gator
    Get Right
    Go!Zilla
    GoHip
    Gratisware
    Grokster
    Hotbar
    Huntbar
    IEPlugin
    IGetNet
    Ilexia
    Imesh
    InetSpeak
    Internet Boost
    International Ad Delivery By NCase
    iWon something
    Kazaa
    LimeWire
    lop
    MarketScore
    MediaLoads
    MediaLoads Installer
    Micro Surfer
    Micrografx (Something)
    Morpheus
    MP3.com
    Napster
    Net2Phone
    Netgo
    NetPal
    Netsonic
    Network Essentials
    Netzip
    new.net
    No More Ads
    NowBox
    OfferCompanion
    Onflow
    OPTOUT
    PadLookup By NCase
    PC-cillin
    precision time
    Quick Click
    radiate
    real download
    Roger Wilco
    savenow
    SearchAndBrowse
    SearchExplorer
    SecondPower Multimedia Speedbar
    SHIELDS UP!
    Sidestep
    Spinner
    Timesink
    TinyBar
    Top Text
    topmoxie
    Trellix web
    Trickler
    Turbo Explorer
    UCMore
    VLoading
    Wazam
    Web Early
    Web Turbo
    Web3000
    webCelerator
    webHancer
    webto
    windows tools by hotbar
    WinSrv Reg
    Wurld (something)
    WurldMedia
    Zero Knowledge Freedom
    ZoneAlarm

    I know I mentioned 3 firewalls, Black Ice Defender, PC-cillin, &
    ZoneAlarm. Software firewalls have caused countless problems when not
    configured correctly. The biggest problem is with PC-cillin, of those
    three programs, as to my knowledge it still is not compatible with the
    Microsoft networking hardware.

    I'm not sure about the version of napster being released by Roxio. The
    one I'm concerned about is the one when it was 100% free, as it
    contained spyware.

    Most of the programs I've listed either contain spyware, adware, or
    malware components at the last time I checked them.

    Sal wrote:
    > everything worked fine till I installed the software
    > update for the broadband networking. Then it would
    > consistently give me an NDIS error on boot...
    >
    > fatal 0E error at 0028:c001a084 in VxD NDIS(01) +000025d0
    > called from 0028:0001c0d4 in VxD NDIS(01) +00004620
    >
    > sometimes it would let me by, but never would I have
    > connectivity to network & internet.
    >
    > Uninstalled updated software and reinstalled old and
    > everything fine again.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to get the new software working?

Routers Software Networking