disable alert in tray ?

bill

I sometimes get a caption in the tray that one of my usb devices is not
working. I don't want to be reminded of this. How do I stop this alert
from coming up ?

Follow these steps (you will not be alerted of any USB error):

1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'devmgmt.msc' and click OK.
2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3. Double-click your USB controller.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Check the box 'Don't tell me about USB errors'.

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"Bill" <billnh2001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OMp8UxGsFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I sometimes get a caption in the tray that one of my usb devices is not
> working. I don't want to be reminded of this. How do I stop this alert
> from coming up ?

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Daniel Martín wrote:
> Follow these steps (you will not be alerted of any USB error):
>
> 1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'devmgmt.msc' and click OK.
> 2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
> 3. Double-click your USB controller.
> 4. Select the Advanced tab.
> 5. Check the box 'Don't tell me about USB errors'.

Will this also stop the adverts about USB2 that appear when you plug a
USB2 device into a USB1 port ?

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

Yes.

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message news:1125747087.27180.0@doris.uk.clara.net...
> Daniel Martín wrote:
>> Follow these steps (you will not be alerted of any USB error):
>>
>> 1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'devmgmt.msc' and click OK.
>> 2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
>> 3. Double-click your USB controller.
>> 4. Select the Advanced tab.
>> 5. Check the box 'Don't tell me about USB errors'.
>>

> Will this also stop the adverts about USB2 that appear when you plug a
> USB2 device into a USB1 port ?
>
> --
> Marc
> Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Marc wrote:

> Daniel Martín wrote:
>
>> Follow these steps (you will not be alerted of any USB error):
>>
>> 1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'devmgmt.msc' and click OK.
>> 2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. 3. Double-click your USB
>> controller.
>> 4. Select the Advanced tab.
>> 5. Check the box 'Don't tell me about USB errors'.
>>

> Will this also stop the adverts about USB2 that appear when you plug a
> USB2 device into a USB1 port ?

Try it and find out.

--
Rock