Survey for WH2O: rubber in or out between pops?

Why?
If you have it out, what do you do with the holes for the posts? Or do
you leave them in with a round rubber?

No rubber.. game didn't have it when I bought it.

I leave the holes as is.. they don't really wear in that location.
You could search for the kind of plugs that TZ used to solve the same
problem.

Aeneas.
-- http://www.flippers.be

took my post out, seems to me the pop-bumpers get more action, plus the
"wasted space" on the right sees more balls and the switches actually
get used.

haven't filled in the hole yet.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I was wondering what that hole was for. What goes there - a regular
metal post or a star post? The imprint in the playfield almost looks
like a star post should be there - is that what you have?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I was wondering what that hole was for. What goes there - a regular
metal post or a star post? The imprint in the playfield almost looks
like a star post should be there - is that what you have?

I had a clear star post near the pop bumber took it out never had
problems with drains

When I picked up my White Water it didn't have the rubbers installed
there. When I shopped the game I put them back in as I always
remembered them being there when I played location games.

I've observed the two following pros to having the rubbers there on my game:
1. The ball will get more jet bumper hits because it is forced to bounce
into a neighboring jet more often.
2. When the ball goes into that little bit of "dead mans" space above
the right outlane, it can hit that rubber and there is a better chance
of nudging it away from the outlane.

The moral of the story: I'm happy that I put the rubbers back in.

-wolffy