Open an Iso fiile

I Downloaded a ISO Zip!!. I Burned as Data with Nero in a CD-Rw.When I insert
the disck it Will show 1 Document and 1 ISO file. The Document open withut
problem,
but the Iso file try to open in Note pad but freeze the Computer and does
not open.
Its free of virus!
I will appreciated sombody give me a sugestion!
Thanks in advance.
6 answers Last reply
More about open fiile

    Anibal wrote:

    > I Downloaded a ISO Zip!!. I Burned as Data with Nero in a CD-Rw.When I
    > insert the disck it Will show 1 Document and 1 ISO file. The Document
    > open withut problem,
    > but the Iso file try to open in Note pad but freeze the Computer and
    > does not open.
    > Its free of virus!
    > I will appreciated sombody give me a sugestion!
    > Thanks in advance.

    What are you trying to do? Normally you don't want to open an .iso
    because it is an image file, often used to create a bootable cd. In
    Nero, you don't want to burn the .iso as Data - you want to burn it as
    Disk Image. If you want to open the .iso to look at or extract its
    contents instead of making a bootable cd, then I believe IsoBuster will
    do this for you.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    It only froze your computer because notepad was trying ti disolay a binary
    file in ACSII format. So if you had waited an hour or so you would have
    seen the ISO in Notepad. If you have done this in Windows 98 you would have
    got an error message rather quickly.

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    "Anibal" <Anibal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I Downloaded a ISO Zip!!. I Burned as Data with Nero in a CD-Rw.When I
    insert
    > the disck it Will show 1 Document and 1 ISO file. The Document open withut
    > problem,
    > but the Iso file try to open in Note pad but freeze the Computer and does
    > not open.
    > Its free of virus!
    > I will appreciated sombody give me a sugestion!
    > Thanks in advance.

    Yes ISO buster will do that as Malke says

    --
    Uncle John

    iso files are images of cd's. When you open nero. Select RECORDER menu and
    Click BURN IMAGE.

    --
    Cankat Akdemir
    Author of "Windows XP Secrets"

    "Anibal" <Anibal@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
    yazdý:043CBCAB-6651-4AC8-A431-10A051A878BB@microsoft.com...
    >I Downloaded a ISO Zip!!. I Burned as Data with Nero in a CD-Rw.When I
    >insert
    > the disck it Will show 1 Document and 1 ISO file. The Document open withut
    > problem,
    > but the Iso file try to open in Note pad but freeze the Computer and does
    > not open.
    > Its free of virus!
    > I will appreciated sombody give me a sugestion!
    > Thanks in advance.

    So, you burned an ISO (CD or otherwise image file) as a data file to CD.
    Cute.
    Nero can use an iso file extension, you just have to rename it to one that
    it recognizes.
    All available in Nero help.
    If you're using Nero Express, my condolences.
    Nero Burning Rom may be more helpful, but more scary due to its available
    choices and additional capabilities. You might even have to read and
    research a little.

    "Anibal" <Anibal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I Downloaded a ISO Zip!!. I Burned as Data with Nero in a CD-Rw.When I
    insert
    > the disck it Will show 1 Document and 1 ISO file. The Document open withut
    > problem,
    > but the Iso file try to open in Note pad but freeze the Computer and does
    > not open.
    > Its free of virus!
    > I will appreciated sombody give me a sugestion!
    > Thanks in advance.

    Nero can burn an ISO file just fine WITHOUT renaming it. I do it all
    the time.

    On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 04:52:53 -0400, "Lil' Dave"
    <spamyourself@virus.net> wrote:

    >So, you burned an ISO (CD or otherwise image file) as a data file to CD.
    >Cute.
    >Nero can use an iso file extension, you just have to rename it to one that
    >it recognizes.
    >All available in Nero help.
    >If you're using Nero Express, my condolences.
    >Nero Burning Rom may be more helpful, but more scary due to its available
    >choices and additional capabilities. You might even have to read and
    >research a little.
    >
    >"Anibal" <Anibal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I Downloaded a ISO Zip!!. I Burned as Data with Nero in a CD-Rw.When I
    >insert
    >> the disck it Will show 1 Document and 1 ISO file. The Document open withut
    >> problem,
    >> but the Iso file try to open in Note pad but freeze the Computer and does
    >> not open.
    >> Its free of virus!
    >> I will appreciated sombody give me a sugestion!
    >> Thanks in advance.

Document ISO Windows XP